Thursday, June 10

Changing Me, Change the World - interview with Lynnda Ell


Today, I am happy to bring you an interview with Lynnda Ell, author of Changing Me, Change the World. Be sure to read to the end. She has a special offer for you.

Hey, Linda! Describe Changing Me, Change the World for us.


Changing Me, Change the World
contains the English Standard Version of the first forty one psalms of the book of Psalms with a contemporary prayer for each one. The format is a little unusual. Every psalm is on the left-hand page and every prayer is on the right-hand page.

Sometimes, the psalm and prayer do not end on facing pages. When that occurs, a blank page allows the reader to write his or her own prayer.

Tell us about your background and your family.

My parents raised me in a godly home where I learned to love God and to follow Him and that has shaped my life. Polio completely paralyzed me when I was a child. The effects of that disease also shape the boundaries of my life every day.

The career paths of my dad and husband dictated that I move every two or three years. I gained a wealth of experience from living in different sections of the country and in seeing other countries. After our two daughters were born, I stayed home until they were almost out of grammar school. Then, I followed careers in direct sales, accounting, and electrical engineering.

Now, I am a freelance writer and a grandmother of five. My life has not been easy, but it has always been rewarding.

You live in New Orleans. How did Hurricane Katrina affect your life?


Damage to my home exceeded $100,000, but we were able to move back to New Orleans after five months and to live in the house while we restored it. We worked on it for over two years. By a series of miracles, we did not lose everything as so many people did.

Why did you write Changing Me, Change the World?


Communicating with God has always been an important part of my life. In the spring of 2001, my older daughter suffered brain damage in a car accident. For two months, I lived with her in a rehab hospital as the medical staff worked to restore her health.

The experience drained me physically, mentally, and spiritually. I spent significant time in prayer to find renewal and I felt that God wanted me to record the prayers. In the right time, those prayers became a book.

What do you hope readers take away from it?


People want to pray. An internet search on the words “praying to Jesus” brings up twelve million results. Yet, countless people have told me they don’t know what or how to pray. I published Changing Me, Change the World to model one – powerful – way to pray. By taking a portion of the Bible, in this case a psalm, and using it to guide their prayer, I hope readers see that God wants to hear our heart-cry in a manner that honors Him.

You can find Changing Me, Change the World in both hard cover or soft bound editions at:

Amazon.com
BarnesandNoble.com
and other internet bookstores.

Lynnda blogs at Calling All Aspiring Writers of Nonfiction Books and at Passionate for the Glory of God.

Lynnda has offered a special give-away for all the followers of Heading Home. To get a free copy of Changing Me, Change the World, send an email to her at lynndaell[at]live[dot]com with “Heading Home” in the subject line. In the message, provide your full name and your mailing address. Then look for it in your mail box.

Thanks so much, Lynnda!



Share/Save/Bookmark
3 Responses
  1. Thank you, Lynn! I appreciate the opportunity to connect with your readers.

    Be blessed,

    Lynnda


  2. Sheila Deeth Says:

    Thank you. Lovely interview.


  3. Duane Scott Says:

    This book looks so good! Is it by chance available on Kindle?

    I'd like to know! :)

    Love the title!