Monday, May 7

Passing Gas!




We just celebrated the Run for the Roses, the Kentucky Derby, and all the events that led up to it. The air show and fireworks display is the biggest event, attracting hundreds of thousands of people, sometimes three quarter million, from many states.

As I watched the air show on television, I learned that those flying the Lockheed Martin KC-130 in-flight refueler call what they do...passing gas! (Gotcha!)

Wikipedia says, “The Lockheed Martin KC-130 is the basic designation for a family of the extended-range tanker version of the C-130 Hercules transport aircraft modified for aerial refueling.”

The KC-130 is capable of fulfilling a multitude of roles and missions. As a tactical tanker/transport, it provides support for the Marine Air Ground Task Forces, such as...

*carrying wounded
*being the largest aerial firefighter
*having some converted into gunships
*emergency supply into battle areas
*emergency medical and other evacuations
*aerial delivery of troops, cargo, and equipment
*humanitarian missions for food and medical supplies
*in-flight refueling for both tactical aircraft and helicopters as well as rapid ground refueling.

So, what does this have to do with you and me? Let’s see.

We have our own personal air and ground Task Force, the Lord and His army, His hosts of heaven. He is our Refueler. He is all things to us, working for us in every area of our lives.

The Lord is to us whatever we need:

*He carries us when we are wounded and hurting, when there is only one set of prints in the sand, as Mary Stevenson said in her poem Footprints in the Sand, “The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you.”

He carries us through those wilderness days, as He did the Israelites, “You know how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself.” (Ex. 19:4 NLT)

*He puts out the fires around us, joining us in the midst of the fiery circumstances, just as He did with the Three Amigos when they were bound in the midst of the fiery furnace. Others saw that over their “bodies the fire had no power; the hair of their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them.” (Dan 3:27 NKJV) The Lord enters our flaming trials and we are loosed, walking unhurt in their midst.

*He helps to fight our battles and makes them His, as Scripture says, “The Lord your God, who goes before you, He will fight for you,” (Deut. 1:30 NKJV) and “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s.” (2 Chron. 20:15 NIV)

*He brings emergency supply into wherever we are and in whatever we need, for “my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Phil. 4:19 NKJV)

*He is there to evacuate us from certain situations. “I am the Lord; I will bring you out from under the burdens of the [enemy], I will rescue you from [his] bondage, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great judgments.” (Ex. 6:6 NKJV)

*He supplies our need for daily sustenance, “He has filled the hungry with good things,” (Luke 1:53 NKJV) and “He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.” (Ps. 107:9 NLT)

*As our Refueler, He fills us when our soul-level gets low or drains out and we seek His infilling. Scripture tells us, “He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!” (Ps. 103:5 NLT) And “I have satiated the weary soul, and I have replenished every sorrowful soul.” (Jer. 31:25 NKJV)

The questions are: Do we allow Him to refuel us with His Spirit and fill us with all He offers in order to accomplish all the things He desires us to do? Do we run to Him to be refilled in whatever we lack?

“Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and may you be “made full and complete by Christ, who fills all things everywhere with Himself.” and “be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.” (Rom. 15:13 NKJV, Eph. 1:23 NLT, Eph. 3:19 NIV)

Do you need to be refueled today? Need gas?









Share/Save/Bookmark
28 Responses
  1. I was very curious how you could make something inspirational from a post with such a title, but you did it beautifully! Thank you for sharing the "gas."


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL I had a little fun with this. And hoped it wouldn't turn people away. Thanks so much, Connie! Love you!


  3. I was curious too, but I had no doubt it would be beautiful! He is busy, isn't He? So glad to be one of His children. :) And yes, I fuel up from time to time and have check-ups ;)


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Every once in a while my brain's quirkiness takes over my reason! Thanks so much, Kristin. Love seeing you. Blessings!


  5. Dawn Wilson Says:

    I am still laughing at that title. Talk about getting someone's attention! The post was great, as usual, Lynn.


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Dawn, I had some fun with this. Thanks so much, sweetie! I appreciate it, especially coming from the LOL lady! Bless you!


  7. Great post, Lynn. You did have me wondering what you were up to this time. Beautiful. The book of Daniel is a favorite of mine and a recurring theme in my life. Did you know Daniel was thrown to the lions not once, but twice? Makes one think hard on life's priorities.


  8. Denise Says:

    Wonderful analogy; almost like reading a suspense novel~you had me going just from the title...LOL! We are so blessed to have a personal air and ground Task Force to put those fires out that try and consume us. :)

    Great post,
    Blessings andhugs,
    Denise


  9. Jean Wise Says:

    What a fun, yet inspirational post. You make me smile and think at the same time! Thanks Lynn


  10. Wonderful post, Lynn.

    Next up...cutting cheese. (smile)


  11. When I first saw this title on FB... I was like????? Okay, great job Lynn, no one can do it like you!


  12. Bryan Says:

    The title got me to read and I find a wonderful truth and reminder: we all need refueling from time to time! Thanks for sharing!


  13. Anonymous Says:

    What a great analogy! The title was the best! Wonderful post. Thanks!
    Love,
    Michelle


  14. You know - being a mom of boys, that I just HAD to stop by the moment I saw this title! I was in Louisville visiting my aunt watching Thunder over Louisville all day long - well, inbetween the out and about.

    Your post is the reminder I need to not forget to fill up! Beautiful!!!


  15. Cute post Lynn! I need that Holy Ghost refill every day! Cute play on words with the gas passer analogy!

    So glad my Savior has an endless supply line and an Army in heaven that watches over me...


  16. what a title! Liked how you made the point :) Visiting from our SDG small


  17. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Ceci! You know, I don't think I knew Daniel was denned twice. Or I knew and forgot! I so appreciate your visits! Bless you!


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Thanks, Denise! So glad you liked it. You make my heart happy! Bless you!


  19. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much for your kind comment, Jean. Makes me happy! Bless you!


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL That one might be a little more difficult to spiritualize! Thanks for stopping by! Bless you!


  21. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Thank you, sweet, Marja! You're the best! Love you!


  22. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much for being curious and taking time to read and comment. Nice to have you visit. I appreciate it. Blessings to you!


  23. lynnmosher Says:

    Aw, thank you so much, Michelle! I appreciate your kind words. Bless you!


  24. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Very fitting for your brood of testosterone! I know you had a great time on your visit. Thanks so much, sweetie, for commenting. Bless you!


  25. lynnmosher Says:

    Amen, Deborah! So glad we have an endless supply! Thanks so much for your comment. Always makes me happy. Bless you!


  26. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Dolly! Thank you so much for taking time to visit and comment. Makes my heart happy. Bless you!


  27. marygems Says:

    Lynn- O needed several of those verses for people today- thanks for putting them all in your post today- as if just for me! Many blessings and love, Mary NZ


  28. lynnmosher Says:

    Bless you, my sweet Mary friend! So glad it touched you.