Wednesday, August 29

I Passed Your Way Today




Night? Day? I could not tell. A shroud of darkness prevailed.

The ground before me appeared to be a soft, sandy loam. About fifty feet ahead lay an unending area of burning flames, its origin unknown. The lapping flames were not the typical orange, yellow, or even white-hot flames. They appeared almost an invisible bluish-black, as ebony flames of hell.

Some figures stood at the edge of the flames, talking. A thick veil of evil filled the air.

I was frightened. So frightened, I could not move. I could only watch what unfolded before me.

Out of the corner of my right eye, I could see a figure in a flowing, white robe slowly walking along, moving from my right to my left, at a distance between me and the line of flames. He said nothing. Never turning to look at me or the others, he walked with his eyes focused before him.

I knew in an instant it was Jesus. Every ounce of me wanted to reach out, to call to Him, to have Him stop and wait for me. But some unknown force held me in place. My feet felt shackled to the ground; my parched lips stuck together.

As Jesus moved almost out of the scene, it appeared He would leave me behind. He was going on without me. I ached to go with Him.

“Stop, Jesus! Don’t go without me! Jesus! Jesus!” the words finally blurted out.

He stopped. He turned and looked at me. Never saying a word. I could hear my own sigh of relief. All was well.

That was all. I woke up, frightened, yet relieved. Saddened, yet overjoyed. Tears would come later in the recall of this scene.

How many times each day does Jesus pass our way and, yet, we do not call out to Him? We are too busy, too preoccupied, too self-centered, trying to do our own thing, to go our own way.

Jesus says...

I passed your way today. You heeded Me not.

My child, you’ve called on My Name, needing help, guidance, or supply. I draw near in your times of need, but My Presence goes unnoticed.

I pass by, My Voice unheard. You pay more attention to pressing demands without realizing those demands would be met so much the readier if you only came to Me first, trusting Me to have My way.

I draw near to speak when your ears pulse with the deafening sound of raging storms. But you do not quiet yourself to hear My Still Small Voice.

I draw near when you heart is overwhelmed with stress, grief, or disappointment.

I so long to touch your fretted brow, to take your trembling hand and gently guide you, to wash your tired feet, to whisper comfort to your hurting soul, to supply your every need.

I am full of tenderness and care, forgiveness and love, strength and comfort, provision and peace.

I drew near to share it all with you today, but you were too busy. I passed by, undiscovered.

Oh, do not miss Me, My child. I am always near. Only a whisper away.

Jesus of Nazareth passed my way,
Redeemed me by his pow’r;
Oh, hear the cry, “he passeth by,”
Give him thy heart this hour.

~chorus of the 1897 hymn
Jesus of Nazareth Passed My Way
by John J. Hood

May you not miss His presence as He passes your way today.


Hooking up today with...

Life: Unmasked
JourneyTowardsEpiphany
katherines corner
Reflections of His Grace





Share/Save/Bookmark
20 Responses
  1. What a powerful dream! God walked with you in that dream - and that is so powerfully beautiful! I will heed, look closely - to see Him - thank you for sharing His message to you! That He was keeping watch over you, protecting you against evil - just wow!


  2. Terra Says:

    Wise words. He is ever near, answers when we call, and we often miss his answer. How sad when that happens.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Wow Lynn, what a powerful dream. And you are using it to remind and warn others not to be left behind, reach out and call on the name of the Lord.
    God bless
    Tracy


  4. Very lovely, Lynn. I love it when God speaks to us through the dreaming. Thanks so much for sharing.


  5. Jean Wise Says:

    This is really powerful, Lynn. read it three times to let it sink into my heart. Thank you for this moment where I did know He was near.


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    ML, that dream haunted me for a LONG time! Thank you, sweetie. Your generous words always warm my heart. Bless you!


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, so true, Terra! So true! Thank you, dear one, for commenting. So appreciate you! Blessings to you!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Tracy, it was really scary at the time. I had to wake up hubs and have him hold me! Whew! I so appreciate your comment. Bless you!


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, dear Carol! Appreciate your kind words. Bless you!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Wow! Thank you, sweet Jean! You've blessed me today. Bless you!


  11. Joan Hall Says:

    Oh Lynn...this is powerful. There are so many times when Jesus passes our way and we are too busy to notice. Thank you for a wonderful reminder to slow down and be aware of His presence.


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Joan, thank you so much for your kind words. You've bless me! Blessings to you!


  13. mail4rosey Says:

    What a beautiful post. I found you on the linky and I'm glad it did, this is my favorite post of the day.


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, thank you, Rosy! I'm so honored to have you visit. Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment. Bless you!


  15. Lynn,
    Thank you for the beautiful reminder that He indeed is within our reach - if we will only look for Him. I have been guilty lately of a busyness that has no excuse - except for the refusal to stop and heed His voice. What a wonderful post that should awaken each of us from our slumber.


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much for your kind words, Deborah! I always appreciate you! Bless you!


  17. Lynn I always enjoy my visits to your beautiful log. Another post that helps me rejoice in His love. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop linky party. Sorry I'm a bit slow getting here xo


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks, sweet Katie-kins, for taking time to drop by and comment. You're a peach! Bless you!


  19. One of your best posts, Lynn. So moving, so powerful. We are indeed lost without Him. Your story illustrated so beautifully it is never too late to ask Him into our lives.


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, wow! I'm humbled, Ceci. Thank you so much, sweetie, for being so generous. Blessings to you!