Friday, April 10

Easter's Passion

“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their sorrows].” Psalm 147:3 Amp

The Father once spoke these words to me...

“Those offensive cords of hate that wrapped the feet and hands of My Son became cords of great love to My children. When a heart is breaking, I take those cords and tenderly wrap them around that hurting heart so as not to bruise it, and ever so gently, I tie them in an eternal knot that cannot be undone.

The cruel nail scars in His hands should daily urge My children to keep their hands empty of the things of this world and ever open to My gifts and teachings. They should use their hands to work for My kingdom and raise them in praise.

The excruciating pain My Son suffered from the pounding of the nails into His feet should remind them that their painful struggles upon this earth are meant to cause their feet to follow in His footsteps for He walked a path that was common to all.

The crown of thorns so mockingly placed upon His head marked Him as different from the rest of the world. I make that crown of thorns into an eternal circle of love and place it upon My children as a constant reminder to be separate from the world. They should wear this crown in truest humility and love for Him. One day it will be exchanged for a golden crown of life.

The blood that spilled from His bleeding side should draw them into a covenant relationship with Him and remind them that He willingly became the sacrifice for the forgiveness of their sins and to give them Eternal Life.

Oh, the love He bore as He hung there that day. In pain and agony, He suffered for My precious ones. His wounds should pierce into their very hearts and cause them to weep that their sins caused Him such suffering.

His chords of love should bind them in remembrance of His cross of sacrifice. His death and release from the tomb should remind them to daily aim at death to self and deliverance into newness of life. Because I love you, He died for you.”

“Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.” (John 15:13 KJV)

Prayer: Oh, dear Jesus, Thank you that You suffered such great agony and endured it willingly for a world of lost sinners. For this, I am eternally grateful. This Easter season, may hurting and lonely souls experience those cords of love and accept Your sacrifice for them that they may have Eternal Life in You. Amen.

“I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion].” Gal. 2:20 Amp

“Jesus paid it all,
All to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.”

I leave you with this video. It is really awesome. I hope you’ll listen to it…

Click here...That’s My King, Do You Know Him?


~~The blessings of Easter to you all, Lynn~~
7 Responses

  1. Billy Coffey Says:

    Just...taking...this...in.

    So very good.


  2. Excellent. I posted a link on my Devotionals by Donna blog. Have a blessed weekend, Sis. - Donna


  3. Lynn, this was so precious and beautiful. Thank you so very much for linking so I could read this. Easter Blessings to you. Angela


  4. Sylvia Says:

    The Lord bless you Lynn. Lost for words, but lost in wonder.


  5. Barbara Says:

    Reading this at the end of a wonderful day-this made it more wonderful. Thank you. Easter blessings to you. Barbara


  6. Awesome Lynn, awesome!
    I've seen that video on TBN several times, powerful!!! Thanks, sweet sister.