Thursday, August 13

Sweet Recognition!


In one sense, this is a pleasurable post for me. I have received several very special awards for my blog from some very special people and I would like to thank them for their generosity. This has been a long time coming for some of them because, unfortunately, the fibromyalgia caused me to forget about them. And for that, I deeply apologize to these precious people.

They have touched my heart with their kindness. I know I’ve probably left someone out. I know for sure that one was lost when my computer decided to conk out.

In another sense, it’s not that pleasurable because I hate to talk or write about myself. But here goes! The following are the awards and the people who have given them…

1) Proximity


This award is Proximity, which is explained this way: “This blog invests and believes in Proximity - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

* Deb Burton at The Greatest Mission Trip You’ll Ever Take

2) The Premio Dardas Award

This award acknowledges the values that every blogger displays in their effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values with each message they write. Awards like this have been created with the intention of promoting community among bloggers. It's a way to show appreciation and gratitude for work that adds value to the web.

* Julie Arduini at The Surrendered Scribe

* You can find Rita Gerlach at Inspire, The Musings of a Historical Romance Writer

* Tammy Hensel can be found at Dedicated Writer

3) Lemonade award

“When Life Gives You Lemons, make Lemonade” Award, for short, The Lemonade Award.

This is from Lynda Schab, over at On the Write Track

4) One lovely blog award

This award is self explanatory. It was given by…

* K. M. (Katie) Weiland can be found on one of her sites, such as Wordplay

* Connie Arnold can be found on one of her poetry sites, such as Inspirational Poetry of Joy and Peace

* Sarah Bolme can be found on one of her sites, such as Marketing Christian Books

* Tamera Lynn Kraft can be found on one of her several blogs, such as WordSharpeners

5) The Humane Award

The Humane Award honors certain bloggers who are kindhearted individuals who regularly support blogs with their sweet comments. They have tastefully done blogs that are updated on a regular basis.

This award is from Donna Shepherd, who can be found on one of her sites, such as Topsy Tales

6) Honest Scrap Award

With the Honest Scrap Award, the rules state that I must share eight things about myself and nominate a bushel of other people to the lofty heights of Scrap. Well, one of these said ten things, but I’m sticking with the eight!

This award came from…

* Alisa Hope Wagner at Faith Imagined

* John Long on one of his sites, such as Peace be the Journey

* Lorrie at Grow Up Deep

Since these last three are the latest ones, I’ll respond…reluctantly! ‘Cause you don’t know how much I hate talking/writing about myself and it’s not interesting anyway! Ugh!

1) My favorite colors are red, yellow, gold, some greens, and some blues.
2) I l-o-v-e my fruits and veggies!
3) Since my family were real estate developers, when they built the first large apartment complex in our city, they named it after me.
4) My favorite coffee is hazelnut, with half and half and a little sugar! Oh, yum! Be right back…gotta go get some!
5) I celebrated my 52nd spiritual birthday last month.
6) I was so skinny when I was younger that a good friend always teased me and said that when I stood sideways and stuck out my tongue, I looked like a zipper! Ha! Not any more!
7) I’m going to my 45th high school reunion next month. Yay! Gotta lose weight!
8) Whoever leaves our house gets waved at from the front door!

Hope you enjoyed this little bit of fluff and appreciation. I could never pass these on to all the people necessary to conform to the rules of these awards. So, I’ll just say, with a full heart, thank you all so much. You’ve touched me and honored me!

Please visit the sites of these awesome people! They’re all worth your while!

7 Responses
  1. You are so deserving of all these awards and more, Lynn! Your blog, writing, and you are a blessing to me and so many others. God's light really shines through you to us. I enjoy the interesting bits you shared about yourself too, thanks!


  2. Sarah Bolme Says:

    So many awards Lynn! How wonderful! Obviously, you are touching many people with your blog. May God continue to bless you as you seek to make him known to many people. Thanks for the mention of my blog.


  3. susanlani Says:

    How awesome!! Congrats on people knowing who you are and what wonderful things you do.
    God bless you!


  4. Unknown Says:

    Well, you're certainly raking in the awards, aren't you? ;) And I can't think of anyone who deserves them more!


  5. I agree with all of the comments. You are very deserving of all these awards! Glad you took the time to post this. :-)


  6. Agreed! Lynn, your light shines bright. It's so inspiring


  7. Sheila Deeth Says:

    You're a deserving award-winner. And it was nice to learn eight things about you too.