Wednesday, February 24

More Than Conquerors


Financial disasters. Extra-marital affairs. Loss of jobs. Wayward children. Heartaches and griefs. Child abuse and addictions. So many things that happen in our lives and to those around us.

Do we let these things defeat us? What does Paul say?

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him Who loved us.” (Rom. 8:37 NIV)

How are we made conquerors? The one that leaned on Jesus’ breast tells us, “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith. Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 John 5:4-5 NKJV)

Here are three other versions of verse 4, “The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith” (Msg). “This is the victory that conquers the world, even our faith” (Amp). “In fact, this faith of ours is the only way in which the world can be conquered” (Phillips).

I like that last one. Faith is the only way to conquer the trials and afflictions that attack our lives. Faith is wholly trusting in the characteristics of God’s nature. He is the object of our faith, “so that your faith might not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.” (1 Cor. 2:5 NIV)

Our faith is our spiritual umbilical cord, which connects us to the Creator of Life and nourishes us with knowledge of Himself through the personal presence of His Holy Spirit.

We trust and have confidence in Him, leaning the whole weight of our lives upon what His Word says, knowing He is faithful to carry it out.

“How we thank God for all of this! It is He who makes us victorious through Jesus Christ our Lord!” (1 Cor. 15:57 TLB) Amen!



Share/Save/Bookmark
10 Responses
  1. Lorrie Says:

    This is good Lynn. Thank you :-)


  2. Our spiritual umbilical cord. I like that.


  3. Amen and amen. Thank You Jesus, Father God, for using Lynn to share Your message and lesson with us. Thank You for Your promises to carry us. In Jesus' name, amen.


  4. Unknown Says:

    I completely forget to think of myself as a conqueror through Christ Jesus. Your article was just the reminder I needed. Thank you so much.


  5. annie Says:

    Great reminder. I do like the idea of a spiritual umbilical cord.


  6. Thanks for the reminder of the importance of faith in overcoming our problems, Lynn! I like the "spiritual umbilical cord" image too. Great post!


  7. Oh, Lynn, you bless me so often with just the right Word from the Lord. For the fourth time in twenty days we've had to say good bye to a loved one. Yet even over death, we are more than conquerors through Jesus.

    Thank you for the reminder.

    Be blessed,

    Lynnda


  8. that one verse...in all these things we are more than conquerors...thank you so much for this post. Powerful. Sarah


  9. I like the umbilical cord analogy! There was a time when I was hanging on by one verse, just one. A friend asked me how I was and I told her, hanging on by one verse only. And she said, "That's faith!" It gave me strength. Thanks for the reminders, Lynn!
    Karen :)


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to all you precious readers. I have been swamped with writing and projects.

    I appreciate each and every one of you. You make my heart very happy to know that you are reading what the Lord gives me.

    May the Lord bless each of you!