Sunday, November 27

Christmas Wrapping


I am happy to bring you another cyber friend today, the author of the site called Blue Cotton Memory. Enjoy...

Unconditional Love = Gives up What One Cherishes Most With a Generosity of Spirit Shown Over 2,000 Years Ago

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16 KJV

This Christmas season, are you willing to love your neighbor enough to give what you cherish most?

What I Cherish:


My Husband
My 5 sons
My motherhoodness
My individuality
My freedom
My Family
My books
My grandmother’s tea-cup
My Christmas Oysters
A card sent when one of my sons was born quoting Dickens, “It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us.”
My marble Chess Set given on my birthday from my sons


But maybe the most important possession I have, would be my Faith in My Father who gave me Salvation, which made me a Daughter of The King (the guy who created the universe), who healed my heart, who saved my son’s life, who has angels encamped about me protecting me, who showed me that He made me - and that I am to Him what the Mona Lisa was to Da Vinci (and that goes for every one of you, too), and that when I cannot find my life plan, He let’s me know He’s got the Plan so I don’t have to worry, and showed me that my heart’s love capacity is not limited to just my household, or those easy to love, and that it’s going to be o.k. when I do not love perfectly as long as I am trying to love unconditionally - all of which would never have been possible if He had not given the world His son!

Is there anyone you love so much, that you would send your children away from your protection so they could save another’s life?


Is Our Father Not Totally Amazing in His Love for Us?


God’s love humbles me when I really try to wrap my mind around it,
and since I cannot successfully wrap my mind around it,
He graciously wraps His love around me!


*I hope you’ll visit Maryleigh’s wonderful site Blue Cotton Memory. You’ll be glad you did!



Share/Save/Bookmark
11 Responses
  1. Terra Says:

    Lynn your list is meaningful, and yes, He does love us. Abba is very fond of you, as Brennan Manning wrote.


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Terra. I can't take credit for it. It's all Maryleigh's. So glad you got to read it. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Blessings to you!


  3. Now THAT is gratitude. So fun to see BOTH of you Jesus-sisters here today. xoo

    I hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving.


  4. Love the idea of "Christ-mas wrapping" His arms around us. Lovely, meaningful play on words, Maryleigh.


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much for stopping by, Jennifer. Glad to have you support Maryleigh! Blessings to you!


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Carol, thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment for Maryleigh. I know she appreciates it. Bless you!


  7. Oh, Lynn! It has been a blessing being at your place all day today! I am so glad God is better at wrapping than I am! I am so glad He teaches me to keep giving the gift of Him in the grocery store, on the way to school - everywhere I go - there's an opportunity to pass along his gift of love!

    So glad we have each other to encourage and build up - that is a sweet gift, too!

    Blessings back at you!
    Maryleigh


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks for your sweet comment, Maryleigh. I am always blessed by your writing and I know the others your read, yet did not comment, were blessed as well. And thank you again. Blessings to you!


  9. Unknown Says:

    Great post, great list. But I have to ask... what are Christmas oysters?


  10. K.M. - It's an over 50 year old family recipe that is a must-have for Thanksgiving and Christmas!!!!

    You can find the recipe here: http://bluecottonmemory.wordpress.com/2009/11/24/the-secret-to-thanksgiving-dinner-the-oysters/

    Hope you will love them as much as we do!


  11. LBDDiaries Says:

    Wonderful post, Maryleigh, as usual! I love your unconditional love posts. Thanks for introducing me to this great new (to me) blog, too!