Tuesday, June 19

Old Familiar Friend




Trying to emerge from a place within,
it bubbles up, desiring to begin.
It fills my soul and leaps into my heart,
bouncing around for a way to depart.

It creeps up my throat and onto my tongue.
It darts out as a song to be sung.
It pokes at my ego, my hands to raise.
Then I recognize my old friend Praise.

He always comes knocking when I’m distressed,
seeking to guide me on a Godly quest.
As his exultations begin to grow,
I give him permission his words to flow.

When I hear his sounds familiar and sweet,
I know they rise up my Savior to greet.
When his handiwork at last comes to rest,
I know once again I’m sure to be blessed.

~ Happy praising!

                                                                         
Today, I am hooking up with...




Share/Save/Bookmark

12 Responses
  1. What a sweet poem! For me praise lightens the load and lifts my spirits:)


  2. Jean Wise Says:

    Love the thought that praise comes when we are distressed. How comforting! Thanks Lynn


  3. lynnmosher Says:

    Alecia, thank you so much. I don't write poetry often. And I'm not very good at it but I work at it! I appreciate your visit. Bless you!


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, sweet Jean! You make my heart happy. Bless you!


  5. I did not know my friend Lynn was a poetess! Beautifully written.


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL I'm not, Carol! But on rare occasions, some lines just spill out! Thank you. I appreciate the kind words! Bless you!


  7. Denise Says:

    Such a nice poem.


  8. Yeah, let's praise Him. Thanks Lynn.


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Denise, for taking time to read and comment on my post. I appreciate it. Bless you!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, dear Marja! Yup, gotta praise Him! Thanks for stopping by! Bless you!


  11. Ugochi Says:

    Hi Lynn,
    This is a very amazing post. You have a great choice of words here. I am so inspired by this words so true, and I will keep praising!
    Many Blessings!
    Visiting from RubyforWomen.


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Ugochi, thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I appreciate your kind words. Bless you!