Tuesday, June 26

What Are You Wearing Today?




What garment did you put on this morning when you got up? Whatever was necessary for the day’s events or chores, right? Were they rags or well-cared-for garments? Did they show off your best or worst features?

You dressed your flesh, for better or worse. But how did you dress your spirit? Was it for better or worse? 

Did you go through the day dressed in the rags of...

*guilt
*bitterness
*unforgiveness
*fear
*depression
*worry
*unbelief

...and accessorized with...

*a mean spirit
*a negative tongue
*selfish actions

How did you look? Did anyone tell you, “That looks awful on you!”?

Or did you dress in intricately woven garments, embroidered with the precious threads of silver and gold and stitched together with a scarlet cord? 

This wardrobe consists of...

*love
*patience
*kindness
*humility
*politeness
*unselfishness
*forgiveness
*faith

Did you enhance them with...

*good deeds
*kind words
*comfort
*victory
*praise
*joy

Did they show off the Lord’s best features? Did anyone tell you, “You look wonderful today!”?

The moment you awaken in the morning, dress yourself properly. Put on...

*the belt of truth
*the body armor of God’s righteousness
*the shoes of peace
*the shield of faith
*salvation as your helmet
*the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (Eph. 6:14-17)

Peter reminds us, “Don’t be concerned about the outward beauty of fancy hairstyles, expensive jewelry, or beautiful clothes. You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.” (1 Peter 3:3-4 NLT)

“Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony.” (Col. 3:14 NLT)

Happy dressing!


Today, I’m hooking up with...




Share/Save/Bookmark
16 Responses
  1. Denise Says:

    I love this Lynn; a keeper that I am going to refer back to later! The person we are on the outside expresses the true reality of the person we are on the inside; the person we appear to be on the outside is only an image; it’s who we are inside that really matters! :)

    Blessings and hugs,
    Denise


  2. Great post Lynn, I was thinking the other day about my clothes and what to wear. I am almost 50 and I have gained some weight, nothing fits me anymore... well, you know what I am talking about. And then I was reminded of the scripture that says... do not worry about your life, what you eat, or your body and what you wear.


  3. Denise Says:

    Wow, such a fantastic post.


  4. What a sweet post! Loved it! Got to think about what I'm putting on each morning. This post could be a cool poster!


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Denise, you are such a sweetie! Thank you so much for your great comment. I so wish you had a subscribe button on your site! Blessings to you!


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Marja, I am so acquainted with the "gained some weight" and "nothing fits me anymore." Those words have echoed in my closet! {{sigh}} Thanks for stopping by, sweetie! Love you!


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    The other Denise...thank you so much for your generous comment! You bless me! Blessings to you!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Holly! I appreciate your kind words. Makes my heart happy! Bless you!


  9. Oh Lynn, What true inspiration! Thanks for reminding me that I have a wardrobe of God's best to put on daily!!!
    Please stop over to my blog... I have a surprise for you!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Yvonne, I'm so honored to have you visit. Thank you so much! My heart is doing flip-flops! On my way to your site lickety-split! Bless you!


  11. What a beautiful and convicting post. As I read, I actually stopped and examined precisely what I had clothed myself with spiritually. Some garments were attractive, while others left me wincing at their ugliness and inappropriateness. "O Lord, please help me to spend as much time deciding what to wear spiritually as I do deciding what to put on physically."

    A Word Fitly Spoken
    http://DanaRongione.blogspot.com


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, my! Dana, I am so honored to have you visit! What a generous and wonderful comment! And amen to what you said. Thank you so much for taking time to read and comment on my post. You have blessed me! Blessings in return to you!


  13. Well said, Lynn! I actually decided to concentrate only on pleasing God. It was amazing how much better the day went. Love your imagery!


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Sounds like you were dressed well, Ceci! ;D Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. Love hearing from you! Blessings to you!


  15. Margaret Nahmias Says:

    This entry reminds of the verse that Rather clothes yourself with the Lord Jesus Christ and do not think about how to satisfy the desires of the flesh.


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, yes, absolutely, Margaret! Thanks so much for stopping by! Bless you!