Saturday, August 30

Heart's Need

On day in my quiet time, I read the following in my favorite devotional, God Calling…

“Never a heart’s need that I could not comfort and soothe.”

I said, “Lord, if this is true, then why do I sometimes feel as though You are not there?”

He answered, “My dear one, I have been here all along, through it all. I’ve been here by your side, though unnoticed. I've been here, holding your hand, though not felt.

I’ve been here, hovering over you like a mama bird over her chicks, even though the rush of My wings went undetected. I’ve been here in the blackest hours, shining My light, though its radiance went unseen because hurt and pain had shut your eyes.

I’ve been here, through the floods of adversity, rowing your boat for you through all those uncharted waters.

I am the Navigator. I know where we are going. It is your job to sit still before Me and trust that I know best. Don’t rock the boat by telling Me where you want to go. Just let Me take you to the place best suited for you.

Ride quietly and trust Me and we will reach our destination much more quickly. Don’t be a hindrance to the One who knows the way. I will not steer you wrong nor will I allow the waves to overtake you. Just trust Me, because I love you.”

“Then they cry to the Lord in their trouble, and He brings them out of their distresses. He hushes the storm to a calm and to a gentle whisper, so that the waves of the sea are still. Then the men are glad because of the calm, and He brings them to their desired haven.” (Psalm 107:28-30 AMP)
6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    How beautiful . . . and funny! Your latest post and mine have the same message. How different we are in delivering that message!


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks for stopping by, Linda. I appreciate you leaving a comment. Be blessed!


  3. Walk Says:

    "I am the Navigator" I love that. I never heard given God that title before even though it describes Him so well. Thanks for that, I'll use it again, I"m sure.


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Terry! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I always appreciate it. Navigator is very descriptive, isn't it?


  5. Cheri Says:

    Thanks for stopping by and saying hi. Your words were very kind.

    To answer your question:

    The Mathetes Award I got from, Amy at signs miracles and wonders

    Pleasing Aroma award was from, Kimberly at A planting of the Lord

    Excellent Blog award was from,Carol at Sheep to the right

    I hope those were the ones you were speaking of. If not let me know!

    Curious to see what your idea is?..

    :) Blessings, Cheri

    Hoping to stop by later and spend some time checkin out your blog!!


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Cheri, Thanks so much for letting me know. I wanted to see how they got started giving awards. I have an idea for giving an award to great blogs, especially for those just starting so that they will be encouraged. It's just a mustard seed of a thought and I have no idea where it will go but I feel like the Lord wants me to do this. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I have yours bookmarked and will return for visits also. Thanks again for the info. Be blessed...Lynn