Monday, February 2

Finger Painting

We have power! It will take me a while to caught up so bear with me! I appreciate all of my readers. May the Lord bless you!
___________________________________________


A blank canvas begs my attention,
A palette of white before my eyes,
Awaiting my fingers to begin.
What will be its completed surprise?

Painting images that dance in my head,
Drawing them in orderly fashion,
To give them substance and come alive,
That’s my desire, that’s my passion.

Coloring, shading, tinting here and there;
There must be a point at which to start,
To choose from the hues of my palette,
And blend them into a work of art.

Stirring scenes depicted by my touch,
To express the feelings of the heart,
Offered when troubles surround a soul,
For it’s comfort I long to impart.

Giving my fingers freedom to move,
Yet sketching with a divine restraint,
Guided by the Master Craftsman’s Hand,
I click on the keys, and start to paint.
7 Responses
  1. Vicki Says:

    Glad to hear the power's back on at your place! Love this poem, Lynn. Have a blessed week.

    hugs,
    Vicki


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, my sweet friend! I'm always so happy to hear from you! Keep dancing!


  3. Gosh Lynn, I didn't realize how you were impacted by that storm. Several other blogging friends also had no power. I guess you realize how we depend on it. Love your poem. Isn't it wonderful how the Lord gifted each one of us in unique ways? Keep sharing your talents!


  4. So glad you have your power back, Lynn! Thanks for sharing your creative poem. It's great!


  5. Laina Says:

    YAY, Lynn!!! So happy to hear you have power again. The things we take for granted, huh?

    Great poem. I can sure identify with it!!!


  6. I didn't know you did poems LYnn. Girl, you can do ANYTHING, right?!!
    Giving your fingers the freedom to move, I have to remember that. I guess that goes for writing too..


  7. Anonymous Says:

    I would read this today, the day I posted a truly terrible attempt at poetry on my blog! :) Glad you're back!! My mom (who lives in western KY) just got electricity after being out for almost two weeks. Take your time "catching up." :)