Sunday, February 1

No Power...Yet Again!

To all my precious readers, I'm sorry I have not updated my blog but we are without power...again! We lost power in September when a hurricane came through our city.

We just happen to live in the path the recent snow and ice storm that swept through many states, including Kentucky. The storm took down power lines all over the state. Hundreds of thousands have been without power and many without water. The entire National Guard of Kentucky has been called to active duty by the governor, the first time in the history of the state.

We lost power early Tuesday morning, Jan. 27, and, after the temperature in the house dipped to 48 degrees, we decided on Wednesday to leave our home and stay with our son. We are still staying with him. The power company is still saying it may be another 7-10 days before power is restored.

If you would say a prayer for all the volunteers and workers who have worked so hard to fix power lines, serve hot meals, and man shelters and centers for those who have nowhere to go, I know it would be appreciated.

Bless you and thank you. Keep dancing!

~~Lynn~~
11 Responses
  1. Walk Says:

    Blessings, my friend, to you and those who are suffering through this storm. May you be "Heading Home" to your earthly home before long.


  2. Lorrie Says:

    What Walk said! May you be home soon. It's wonderful to have family to lean on but it will nice to be in your own home sweet home. You all have my prayers.
    You are very much missed! Love you tons :-)


  3. Jack Brown Says:

    it's snowing here but nothing like the storm you had. May you be back home soon. God bless. Prayers said


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Terry and Lorrie, Thank you both for being so loyal. I deeply appreciate your prayers. Bless you!


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Jack, Thank you so much for your prayers. I hope you don't get clobbered with a ton of snow. Will say a prayer for you as well. Blessings to you!


  6. Barbara Says:

    I'm so sorry that you've been "snowed" away from home. Glad you had somewhere warm to go and can be safe as well. We saw miles of electric trucks heading north last week. Thank goodness they are available to go and help. I only wish I could help serve meals to them. I know how it is when our guys have to work long hours in bad weather [and we don't have snow]! Prayers go our for all of you.


  7. Prayers going up. Thanks for the update!


  8. Deb Burton Says:

    It's so hard when we get pulled out of our familiar circumstances, but you sound like you're striving to stay properly focused and upbeat. I'll send a prayer up for the emergency and volunteer workers AND you.


  9. It's great that you have your son to stay with! I've been praying for you and others there without power.


  10. I hope everything will get better for you, Lynn. power is important. I feel very nothing and I can't do anything without the electricity. This is the impact of technology.


  11. Unknown Says:

    Lynn,

    I've been reading your comments over on Lucy Moll's blog, and they are always so warm and insightful. I thought I'd drop by your blog and take a look. We are friends on one of the networks I am on, but I am not sure which one. I recognize your picture! =) I looked for a box here, to be added as a follower of your blog, but didn't see it.

    Anyhow, I've enjoyed reading your posts. This one in particular caught my eye because my family and I live in Louisiana and deal with power outages constantly. We were in the path of Katrina and Gustav. We live in the country, so the power goes out when the wind blows... so many trees fall on the power lines. It is supremely aggravating! I told my hubby that I want a laptop with a 9-hour battery!!

    Anyhow, thanks for being a voice in my life!

    Blessings,
    Cheri Hardaway