Sunday, July 19

Anniversary!

Welcome to my celebration! What am I celebrating? My first blog anniversary! So I guess it would be my First Blogaversary!

Where has the time gone? Here we are…one year later! I cannot believe it! I posted my first blogpost on July 20, 2008. This comes as my husband and I just celebrated our 43rd anniversary on July 15.

When one celebrates an anniversary, one usually looks back over the variety of events that have taken place over the years. The good, the bad, and the ugly. Well, for the blog, only a couple of times blipped the “bad and ugly” radar. The real bad and ugly happened behind the scenes as I tried to write!

I’ve shed tears of joy, and a little pain, and brain cells of thought. Writing is sometimes very difficult as I deal with the symptoms of fibromyalgia, which causes foggy thinking through impaired comprehension, difficulty in concentration, and temporary memory loss.

My first blogpost was Stepping Out in Faith, which said it all. (If you’d like to read it, you can click here. It was a huge leap for me. Questions plagued my mind, like…

* Who will read what I write?
* What the heck will I write about?
* How in the world will I keep this up?
* Will I write what is pleasing to the Lord?
* Will others want to come back to read again?
* How will I ever draw others into this little world of Heading Home?
* Will I write the things that will encourage others or touch a need in their lives?

Because of the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I always know there is at least special person, and sometimes more, for whom my words, or rather His words, are meant to minister.

Through my blog and other networks, the Lord has truly blessed me over the last year with countless, precious cyber-friends, all a part of God’s family.

So many of you have encouraged my heart, sometimes so beautifully that I have been overwhelmed and touched by your kind, caring, and encouraging words.

I want to thank each and every one of you, my readers and followers. You are very precious to me. I pray daily that the Lord will guide my heart, my mind, and my fingers to write the words that will be of benefit to you by touching your hearts in whatever you need.

In appreciation for your faithfulness in reading, I have a new give-away. I asked on Twitter what others would like in the way of a give-away and I got too many different answers. Therefore, I am making this the Winner’s Choice Give-away! It consists of $100 that can be received in one of these ways…

* 1 - $100 pre-paid card
* 1 - $100 gift card to one store of winner’s choice
* 2 - $50 gift cards to two stores of winner’s choice
* or divvied up in any configuration of winner’s choice

If you’d like to join in the celebration, please sign up in the comment box on the right close to the top of the sidebar.

I leave you with the verse on which I hang my life…“Did I not tell you and promise you that if you would believe and rely on Me, you would see the glory of God?” (John 11:40 Amp)

I pray a blessing of peace, provision, protection, and the presence of the Lord in all things for each of you.

~~Blessings…Lynn~~
35 Responses
  1. Congratulations on your anniversary!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Congrats on your blog anniversary!!!

    I thank our dear friend Gigi for introducing me to you on Twitter, and your beautiful blog. You are a true inspiration.

    I totally understand when you say "Writing is sometimes very difficult as I deal with the symptoms of fibromyalgia, which causes foggy thinking through impaired comprehension, difficulty in concentration, and temporary memory loss."

    I, too, suffer from a chronic pain disease (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome). I love to write but it makes it difficult for the same reasons.

    Love and Prayers!
    Krista Lynn aka SweetPeaAngel


  3. Walk Says:

    I thank God that He inspired you to start and inspires you still today. Thanks for a fast year, may you spread God's love for years to come.


  4. Gigi Says:

    Well, when I found you thru Kathy Ireland I found a whole new world. You have reached out to me in ways I can't imagine and made my world so much brighter.

    I love your blogs and only wish that you could pull them all together and publish them in a book of memoirs. Well, that's what my friends/family want me to do too!

    I'm always thanking God for allowing our paths to cross and pray that with each new SONrise you have the best day of your life and with each SONset you can lay your head on your pillow at night and find sweet dreams and peaceful slumbers.

    Lots of love to a lady that encourages, inspires, and uplifts all thru the power of prayer and pen!

    I love you too much! ~Gigi girl


  5. I've just recently been blessed when our paths crossed, yet I feel like you're already an old friend, sweet sister. Happy Blogiversary!


  6. Karen Says:

    Congratulations on your blogaversary and wedding anniversary!

    Hope you have a great week!
    Karen


  7. JoJo Tabares Says:

    Happy Blogaversary!!!


  8. Anonymous Says:

    Happy Blogaversary! You deserve to celebrate. You are good at this, and faithfully post something to feed my soul. Elaine


  9. Happy anniversary, Lynn - for both the new and the long term parts of your life! Is not God good to continually bless us in our long term relationships of steadfast love while giving us new ones to brighten our days as well?

    Be blessed!

    Lynnda


  10. Lynn,

    I believe you make others feel right at home with your inspiring blog and like we've been friends forever. Personally, your kind and encouraging words have deeply touched my heart. Thank you for always taking the time to listen and sharing the love of Jesus Christ as a true example of a wonderful, caring Christian. Happy Blog Anniversary!


  11. Lorrie Says:

    Wowie Zowie time goes by fast! Congratulations Lynn. You do a wonderful job and are so inspiring. Keeping a blog up is hard work *pat on back!*

    Blessings..


  12. Kristina Says:

    Happy anniversary! Isn't it wonderful what God can do when we just trust in him? :)


  13. Great job Lynn, I always knew you were an inspired writer! God bless you in all you do for Him...

    Shirley Scurlock


  14. What a special celebration--your blogaversary! I've enjoyed getting to know you on Twitter and reading your beautiful blog posts. They are always inspiring, never preachy, and filled with what is real and important to us (and I think to Him, too).

    Thank you also for taking the time to create a web button for Born to Fly and for featuring it on your blog. It is beautiful and I'm very grateful. (And it now sits proudly on my blog, too, thanks to you!)

    Happy Blogaversary, Lynn, and may there be many more to come!

    Diana Scimone
    Director
    The Born to Fly Project
    www.born2fly.org


  15. I am thankful Lynn that God has given you the dedication to continue to post on your blog. You are gifted with writing in such a way that we who are simple are profoundly affected.

    I am thankful Lynn that the Lord has seen fit to cause our virtual paths to cross and I have every confidence that we will have quite a reunion.

    I understanding your cognitive issues. (I deal with them)...but there is a reason that He purposely chooses the weak things of this world to speak out His marvelous truth. He gets glory in it. And this is the bottom line .. the all that remains after blogging. What eternal fruit was harvested? We'll find out one day. And until then my friend and twister...Keep them coming.

    Love you


  16. Anonymous Says:

    Congratulations on your Anniversary!!!

    "The written word releases and preserves our deepest
    desires and inspires a symphony of love that comes
    from the pen, the heart and the soul" -VJ Frost


  17. Valerie Frost Says:

    Whoops...didn't mean to be
    anonymous above...still internet challenged.


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Michael, Krista Lynn, Terry, I hope you don't mind if I thank several of you together. Thank you so much for your anniversary wishes and kind words. You really have no idea how much I am touched by them. God bless you all!


  19. lynnmosher Says:

    Gigi, Donna, Karen, JoJo, I am so honored by your good wishes and precious words. You've truly blessed me. Thank you and bless you!


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    gr8ful, Lynnda, JoAnne, Lorrie, All your kind wishes and precious words have me shaking my head. I am humbled by all your comments. May the Lord bless you all!


  21. lynnmosher Says:

    Kristina, Shirley, Diana, SwitchingGranny, I am truly overwhelmed by everyone taking time to leave me a message. I never expected this. Blessings to you all!


  22. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, Anonymous, er, Valerie! LOL! I was wondering who you were. So glad you said something. Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I deeply appreciate it! Bless you!


  23. Your posts are so inspiring, Lynn, and the Holy Spirit does speak to me through reading them. I look forward to the next year of being blessed through your writing! I understand what you mean about the foggy thinking, memory loss and lack of concentration and even more appreciative of how God is working in you and through you in your writing.


  24. Lynn, I cannot believe that you've only been blogging for one year! You're so good. Happy blogiversary to you. I'm so glad I found you online. I know that you're a very special person.


  25. Angie Prince Says:

    Lynn,

    Happy Anniversary and Happy Blogaversary! I too am amazed you have been blogging only one year! You probably don't know this, but you have been serving as a mentor to me because I like you and your blog so much! You are such a warm person - I have only known you a little while, and yet I already feel so close to you!

    So, please know God is definitely using you in my life (and from what I read in the comments tonight, He is using you in many other lives as well.) Thank you for all your diligent effort to love and support us. God love shines through your tender heart into my broken heart!

    May God bless you, heal you, and give you many more blogging years!!!

    Much love,

    Angie


  26. Vicki Dauer Says:

    Congratulations on your one year anniversary. So glad I found you a couple months ago!
    Vicki


  27. lynnmosher Says:

    Connie, Debbie, Angie, Vicki, All your words so touch my heart. Thank you so much. I praise the Lord for all His guidance as He uses what I write to comfort and bless others. Blessings to you!


  28. Rebecca Says:

    Happy Blogaversary, Lynn!

    I am thankful the Lord crossed our paths!

    Love and blessings,
    Rebecca


  29. Congratulations on your one year! Love your blog-Take care, see ya on Twitter!


  30. Marnie Says:

    Congratulations!! I am really enjoying your blog and will see you on twitter as well.

    Marnie


  31. * Says:

    Congratulations! I found you just in time for the party. Do I have great timing or what? I'm looking forward to year two.


  32. Congratulations, Lynn. I signed up.


  33. Unknown Says:

    Congratulations, Lynn! You've done some great work in this past year, and I'm so excited to see where the next year takes you. Blessings!


  34. Jack Brown Says:

    cor is it a year already?
    Happy Blogaversary.
    The Lord bless you and yours Lynnmosher


  35. Renae Says:

    Well, it has been a great year. Thanks for consistently posting such great stuff, Lynn. :-)