Friday, August 6

Behave Like A Christian!


This morning, I was reading Romans 12 and decided to look it up in my Bible program. Paul presents his readers with a heavy section of exhortation in verses 9-21. The New King James Version gives this section a title…

Behave Like a Christian

The Lord dropped one of His ideas into my head. I could almost hear it go kathunk! It had to be Him because I had such a nasty headache that my eyes were crossing. Here’s the idea: divide up the verses and do a series of posts on them. And have others guest post.

Cool for me. I don’t have to write them all. But God always has a reason. I think I know what it is but I’ll wait and see how it turns out before I give my thoughts on it.

So, over the next several weeks, you are going to be royally treated to some great guest writers.

Here’s the portion of Romans…

“Let love be without hypocrisy.
Abhor what is evil.
Cling to what is good.
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another,
not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord;
rejoicing in hope,
patient in tribulation,
continuing steadfastly in prayer;
distributing to the needs of the saints,
given to hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Be of the same mind toward one another.
Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.
Do not be wise in your own opinion.
Repay no one evil for evil.
Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, ‘Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,’ says the Lord.
Therefore ‘If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink; for in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.’
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”

Paul gives us some great exhortations in these verses, things we need to practice. I hope you enjoy the weeks ahead.



Share/Save/Bookmark
14 Responses
  1. Melanie Says:

    What a wonderful idea!!! I can't wait to read all of the posts. Thank you for sharing.

    in His precious, unfailing love,
    Melanie

    ~ melscoffeebreak.blogspot.com ~


  2. Teresa Says:

    Great idea Lynn! This passage, such a great reminder...and everything written in Romans is what Jesus said to do as revealed in Luke 6...we gotta 'Luke 6 it'...the opportunities we have in every bad circumstance...by the Spirit and By His Grace He allows us to rise above the sin, walking in the Ways of God revealed by Christ Jesus and now we get to reveal by the Spirit of God what Jesus did! thank you for this great post!! I love the 'kaklunk' image too! Haahaa!


  3. This will be fun--and interesting to discover your reasoning on God's reasons. ;)

    Kathunk!


  4. Jennifer A. Says:

    Great idea, the series. Looking forward to it.


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Melanie! So glad to have you visit. I'm excited to see what happens also. Blessings to you!


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL! Thanks, Teresa! Glad you liked it. And you are absolutely right! I like that...Luke 6 it! Thanks so much for taking time to read and comment. Bless you1


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Snady! It will be fun! I'm glad you'll be taking a part in it! Love you!


  8. Amen to all comments, this is awesome Lynn, we'll see how the Spirit will work this out in us all!


  9. TraciB Says:

    Hey, Lynn! We'll miss your post on the CW tour this month, but this is a great series topic. I'm looking forward to reading what everyone has to say on the subject.


  10. Duane Scott Says:

    I am excited about this! I need these lessons I'm thinking...


  11. Thanks for your post today, Lynn, and looking forward to what is yet to come!


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks to you all...

    Marja, TraciB, Nikole, Duane, and Connie...

    I so appreciate your wonderful support. I'm excited to read all the posts.


  13. Penny Says:

    i love God-sized ideas!!! Kudos to you for being obedient to His moving in your life and for being brave for taking on such a project!!!

    I'm excited to follow each step!


  14. That's some powerfully awesome scripture. We need to be reminded about behaving. Thank you.