Thursday, February 10

What Does Love Look Like?


“What does love look like?


“It has the hands to help others.


“It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy.


“It has eyes to see misery and want.


“It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men.


“That is what love looks like.”

~St. Augustine


Love is a verb...

Love gives...the best of time, energy, and possessions
Love walks...alongside, to uphold another
Love acts...to encourage the discouraged
Love offers a hand...up

Love offers a shoulder...for another to cry on
Love believes...the best of another
Love blesses...no matter what
Love honors...one’s spouse

Love supports...when another’s strength is lacking
Love cheers...when laughter is needed
Love praises...rather than tears down
Love comforts...a hurting soul

Love carries...when another’s steps falter
Love commits...to a lasting relationship
Love remains silent...when necessary
Love communicates...with kindness

Love cares...enough to do something
Love shows...grace and mercy

Love in action...“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16 NKJV)

“You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.”
~~Amy Carmichael

“For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.” (1 John 3:11 NKJV)

What does love look like to you?


(This post is part of Christianwriters.com blog chain on the topic of love. See the other entries listed in the left sidebar.)



Share/Save/Bookmark
33 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Beautiful post, Lynn! You encouraged and blessed me this morning. Thank you!

    Cindee Snider Re


  2. TraciB Says:

    Wonderful post, Lynn! I'm blessed to start my weekend with your words and images. :)



  3. Inspiring, lovely post that blesses me. Thank you for sharing.


  4. Inspiring post Lynn, thanks. Hhmmm, love to me is sacrifice, putting others before myself!


  5. Thankyou for your well-composed words Lynn. I especially like the quote at the end about love and giving.


  6. Sarah Says:

    Beautiful post!! Thank you, Lynn!


  7. Chris Perdue Says:

    Great post. I like the way you break down how love is shown in many different circumstances


  8. Great post Lynn - how inspiring! This is one of my favorite extra-Biblical quotes on love: "And love in the heart wasn't put there to say; Love isn't love 'till you give it away." -Oscar Hammerstein II

    Love is indeed an "action word" - showing forth the Father's attributes to a hurting world...


  9. Unknown Says:

    Love the photos! So appropriate. Thanks for taking the time to create this.


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Aw, thank you, sweet Cindee! And that blesses me. :D


  11. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks, dear Traci! Makes my heart happy! Bless you!


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Debra! Thanks so much, sweetie! Blessings to you!


  13. lynnmosher Says:

    Sheila, Thanks for taking time to read and comment. You bless me! Blessings to you!


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Amen, Marja! Amen! Love is giving to others. That's the God-kind of love! Love you! xoxox


  15. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Adam. I'm so happy to have you visit. Yeah, I love that quote also. Be blessed!


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Sarah, so happy to have you stop by. I'm honored. Thank you for your comment. Blessings to you!


  17. lynnmosher Says:

    Deborah, I always love reading your comments. Thank you, sweetie! Be blessed! :D


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Hello there, Sean-Chris! LOL So glad to see you here. Thanks for visiting. I appreciate your comment. Makes me happy! Be blessed!


  19. I particularly love the last picture. Whenever I doubt how much I am loved, I remember the cross...Thank you for sharing.


  20. Beautiful images, Beautiful words-letting them all drop into my heart. Thank you, Lynn for this blessing:)ex


  21. Tracy Krauss Says:

    A picture really is worth a thousand words. Great visual of what love looks like



  22. Keith Wallis Says:

    Um that list will take a lot of living up to. Good job we have a role model.


  23. What a wonderful way to start my Valentines Day! I love you, my sweet sister! You are truly an amazing and beautiful woman of God!


  24. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, yes, Cecilia! I love that last one, too. Thanks so much for your comment. I love having you visit! Blessings to you! :D


  25. lynnmosher Says:

    Melinda, your sweet comment touches me. Bless you!


  26. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Tracy! I'm so glad to have you visit. Thanks so much for taking time to read and comment. Be blessed!


  27. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Kaye! So happy to see you again! Thanks so much for commenting! Blessings!


  28. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Keith! So happy to see that fuzzy face of yours here! Thanks so much for visiting! Be blessed! :D


  29. lynnmosher Says:

    Sweet Stephanie, you are always so generous to me. Thank you, dear one! Love you! :D


  30. Unknown Says:

    ~sniff~ fantastic...


  31. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Nona! Thanks so much, sweetie, for commenting! :D