Monday, September 29

Raspberry Chocolates...Oh, My!

It’s the little things that seem to bless my heart the most…or maybe it’s because I really don’t get the big things in life, so the little things mean that much more to me.

I saw a commercial for one of my favorite chocolate treats in all the world - Ghiradelli’s dark chocolate squares with raspberry filling.

My six year-old granddaughter loves them almost as much as I do, and, a few weeks ago, she finished off the last two I had, which had been a gift from my daughter. This is a treat I don’t often get, so, as they all had disappeared, I have been wanting to entangle my taste buds and wrap my tongue around one of these tempting delicacies.

When I saw the commercial, I said one of those off-hand things to the Lord that we all do once in a while…Lord, Olivia ate the last of my chocolate. I sure wish I had some more. Then, I just sighed, thinking it would be quite a while before my next delectable chocolate fix.

I have fibromyalgia and this day was not a particularly good day. As I sat in the afternoon on the couch, with my laptop in front of me, my sweet husband came in the door, rattling something in his hands behind his back.

“Close your eyes,” he said. To which I obeyed. “Stick out your hands,” also in obedience. “Surprise!”

Oh, my! A whole bag of raspberry-filled chocolate squares! Yummo! What a joyous surprise. In our financial situation, surprises are few and far between, so this was, indeed, a true surprise.

Then, it hit me…and the tears began to stream down my cheeks and I heard the Lord whisper, “They’re for you because I love you.” Oh, Lord, You really do care about my heart’s desires, even the most insignificant ones. What an awesome God You are!

God does reward us, with even the little things in life, when we make Him the love of our lives.

So, I made a cup of coffee, took my little sweet treat, and thoroughly delighted myself in my chocolate raspberry surprise.

May the Lord surprise you with a sweet, delectable treat. “May He grant you according to your heart’s desire.” (Ps. 20:4 NKJV)

~~Blessings, Lynn~~
14 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Aw! Now, this is awesome! What a beautiful testimony of God's love for us. He shows it in so many ways. This really blessed me today! Thanks so much for sharing this!

    Love, Hugs and Prayers,
    Kennisha


  2. How sweet that God met your desire for the yummy treat, Lynn! I have fibromyalgia also, and God's love reached me yesterday when not feeling well with an order for my inspirational poetry books from someone who just happened to find my site online. God is so good!


  3. Karla Akins Says:

    YUM! And doesn't this just prove that eating chocolate isn't a sin? LOL. I love those little surprises, don't you? Way to go, God! And Chocolate/Raspberry is one of my favorites, too!
    Karla Akins
    http://karlaakins.com


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, ladies. My heart is overflowing with gratitude to you. Blessings to you all.


  5. Walk Says:

    Wow, the showing of God's love to you teared up this old man. Thanks for your words starting my day out great.

    Walk


  6. Tanya Says:

    I love "suprises" like this!!! This reminds me of a recent post by another friend of mine: http://coffeegal.blogspot.com/2008/09/red-door.html. You should check it out. :)


  7. quietspirit Says:

    God does give us the desires of our hearts,when we delight in Him.
    I underwent tests last month for fibro, osteo, and the other ritis brothers. Just started taking meds for osteo and some inflammation. I enjoy your blog.


  8. Anonymous Says:

    God does reward us, with even the little things in life, when we make Him the love of our lives.

    Amen, Lynn! These words have such impact. Thank you.


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Walk, Tanya, quietspirit, I thank you all so much. I'm honored to have you read my posts. I think I've sent you my thanks. Be blessed...


  10. Unknown Says:

    So fun, Lynn!

    For me it's the little things in life that seem to carry the big lessons! And if one can learn a lesson from the Lord over some coffee and a bite of chocolate, even better!

    God does love us lavishly. How I wish I could remember that always!

    THanks for stopping by LA Vida Dulce, I look forward to reading a bit more of your blog as well!


  11. lynnmosher Says:

    Kellie, Thanks so much for taking time to read my post and leave me a sweet comment. I deeply appreciate it. Be blessed...


  12. Katharine Says:

    What a special treat -- and I don't mean only the chocolate! You and I have more in common than I realized, but my dreams revolve around chocolates with maple cream or mocha cream centers. Oh, just thinking about that...


  13. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Katharine! Thanks so much. I appreciate it. You can have the maple creams but I'll fight you for the mocha ones! LOL!


  14. How beautifully you write! And what a gracious 'blessing' for each of us. Thank you!

    Blessings,