Sunday, November 30

The Blessing of Proximity


A couple of days ago, I received a tweet on Twitter from my sweet, new cyber-friend, Deb Burton at The Greatest Mission Trip You'll Ever Take. Deb has a wonderful blog full of suggestions for parents on teaching children to desire to walk in God’s light. Please visit her blog. You will love it.

She bestowed on me the special honor of the Proximity Award. This is a first for me. I was so overwhelmed that tears streamed down my cheeks. Thank you, Deb, from the bottom of my heart! May the Lord truly bless you.

The award is for PROXIMITY, which is explained this way:

“This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.”

My problem now…deciding on which eight to choose! This has been very difficult for me and has taken a while to do because I have met so many precious cyber friends and wonderful bloggers that it’s almost impossible to choose eight over the rest. I hope no one is offended. It is so not in me to offend anyone.

Therefore, some I’ve chosen and some I’ve randomly drawn from my list. All are my favorites! And I’ve gone out on a limb and expanded the list. Forgive me for bending the rules. Most of the others are listed in the right hand column. They are all special to me, but the award goes to these, in no particular order…

1) Victoria Gaines has two sites: Light for the Writer’s Soul and devotionals at Windows To My Soul. In Vicki’s own words, she is a “Freelance writer, retired nurse, friend to the broken-hearted. Out of sync with the world; utterly dependant upon God.”

2) Linda Yezak at 777 Peppermint Place I call her “my favorite redhead.” We are both aspiring writers and share the same heart for writing and the Lord. Love everything she writes!

3) Donna Shepherd at Donna J Shepherd Donna has written extensively, in many areas, including several children’s books. Check them out! They’re awesome.

4) Lisa at Consecrated To Him serves the Lord with her pen, er, computer keys!

5) Lorrie at Grow Up Deep We both started blogging about the same time. Love her!

6) Romantic Walk at Romantic Walk has the best romantic writing ever!

7) Marja at Sacred Sabbath has written three books. Her latest is Breath of Life, written from the perspective of an unborn child. Cool!

8) Tanya Dennis at In the Dailies says, “Join me on a journey of finding and recognizing God in the dailies; in the ordinary, everyday points of life.”

9) I put these three great poetry sites together because I cannot do one without the other:
* Keith Wallis at Wordsculptures
* Colin at Colin's Faith Inspirations
* Connie Arnold at Connie Arnold

10) Mari Taylor Mari's Morning Room is a “Lover of the Word and the Lord and not afraid to tell it or write about it.” She also does book reviews.

11) Cami at Lindenville A treasure of devotionals hiding just around the corner. My friend, Cami. Love her!

Please take time to visit these blogs. I know you will be blessed.

~~Blessings, Lynn~~
17 Responses
  1. Billy Coffey Says:

    Thanks for the list, Lynn. I'll be sure to check them out.

    Hope you had a great Thanksgiving...


  2. Vicki Says:

    Oh Lynn, I woke up so exhausted from the weekend and reluctant to start writing again. You've encouraged my heart. Thank you for this beautiful list of bloggers, some I've had the pleasure to know; others I can't wait to know better! Your own blog is deserving of much recognition for the way you so eloquently and faithfully spur each of us along in the faith. Your words bless me and your spirit shines through with His love in all you say and do. God bless you, dear friend.

    For everything that matters, write on!

    love,
    Vicki


  3. lynnmosher Says:

    You're welcome, Billy. I know you will enjoy them. Blessings...


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Vicki, you dear, sweet friend! Oh, here comes the parade of marching tears! You so bless and honor me. Thank you. If I've done nothing more than encourage you, then that is enough for me. It is always my heart's desire to encourage others. Can't wait to see the eight you pick for the award. It was so difficult for me and I felt so guilty that the Lord plopped the thought into my head this morning (after responding to one not on the list) to do a second post and name all the others. Hope you have a better time of it than I did!


  5. Tanya Says:

    Wow. Lynn, I am so completely honored and humbled. I don't even know what to say, but "thank you." I've shared with you what a tough year this has been for me. Your words are like a balm, a much needed encouragement that God knows what He's doing and, as long as I cling to Him, He will use me to glorify Himself. Now, how do I make a list without you?? You're at the top of my Proximity list!


  6. Walk Says:

    How does one say thank you to someone whom honors them so? If my blog could touch a fraction of those you have touched, I'd feel honored. Thank you my dear friend, may God continue to bless your words.


  7. Lorrie Says:

    Lynn! What a surprise! That you would select me is such an honor and is certainly an award I will always cherish :) I'm humbled! I'm shocked! I'm babbling!
    I am such a rookie at all this but you have encouraged and befriended me right from the beginning. You are such a treasure and inspiration. Thank you so much. Love and hugs.


  8. Wow, thanks Lynn, you have a way of leaving people speechless... (silence)
    Some bloggers I know, some are new to me, but I'll investigate... if you say they're good, they are. I'll see if I can come up with my eight...


  9. Stonefox Says:

    Lynn, congratulations on the award, you definitely deserve it! I stopped by to say thank you for the recent devotionals that have come out. They have been so timely for me. Each day this week seems to have been written just for me. You are a blessing!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Tanya, It makes my heart sing to know this is an encouragement for you. Yay! Blessings...


  11. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Terry, your blog is so wonderful. The word will get around. I know the Lord will bless it. Blessings to you...


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Lorrie, Rookie or not, you're better than you think! Keep at it! So glad I could surprise you! Be blessed...


  13. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Marja! It so tickles me to do this for you. It gives me more pleasure to award everyone else than it does to receive it! Blessings...


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Heidi! You look so much like my ex-daughter-in-law. Amazing! I'm so glad the devotions are speaking to you. They have done that to me for years! May the Lord continue to bless you through them.


  15. Thanks so much Lynn for the award. I feel so blessed and honored..xoxo's

    I really appreciate all of your words of encouragement and edification. You are truly a blessing. Thank you also for your prayers.


  16. Unknown Says:

    I surely do not feel like I deserve to be on this list but thank you sweet Lynn. You indeed are an encourager and I am so glad God brought us together. Many blessings to you!


  17. Anonymous Says:

    Hey, Sweet Lynn! I don't know how to say thanks for considering my Place one of your eight.

    I do know my thank you is late--but my puter didn't freeze this time!

    XXOOXX!

    Linda