Monday, April 13

Dressed and Ready

“I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.” (Is. 61:10 NKJV)

He shuffled his feet and wiped his sweaty palms on his jacket. His face twitched, producing a peculiar, cockeyed smile. Then, the bride began her promenade down the aisle, and the groom’s whole body radiated with delight.

They were so anxious to look their best for each other. All decked out in their wedding finery, he, fit to meet the bride; she, fit to meet the bridegroom.

As I sat in the chapel praying for them, the thought occurred to me: Jesus is fit and ready to meet me, His Bride, but am I fit and ready to meet Him, my Bridegroom?

If Jesus died that the church, His bride, might be “without spot or wrinkle or any other defect - holy and unblemished” (Eph. 5:27a Weymouth), then she is to “Be prepared - all dressed and ready - for (her) Lord’s return,” (Luke 12:35-36a TLB).

But when the heavenly Bridegroom arrives, will she be dressed in an old rag, spotted with worldly residue? Or will she be “a bride beautifully dressed for her husband” (Rev. 21:2 NIV), in a spotless gown of holiness?

Will He radiate with delight in you, His bride?

PRAYER: Lord, You loved me enough to die to give me a pure wedding garment of holiness. May I love You enough to keep that gown unsullied from the world and meet You in holiness on Your return. May I be continually dressed and ready to go at a moment’s notice. Amen!

“So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him.” (2 Peter 3:14 NIV)

~~Blessings, Lynn~~
8 Responses
  1. I've been thinking of this topic lately. Maybe it's because of all that's going on in the world. Although we don't know the day or the hour, we are always to be ready. And we are to grow in holiness. I so want to be ready for Him, whenever He comes for us.


  2. Billy Coffey Says:

    Our readiness should be more on our minds than it is. We all have so much to do in this life, so many things to keep us busy, that we often lose sight of what matters most.

    Thank you for reminding me of this, Lynn. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Lynn,
    This was a beautiful entry, and one which gave me goosebumps. Any woman who has married, or dreamed of marrying can really relate! It's something that we should contemplate each day/moment as we live to serve him. Thank you for sharing.



  4. Unknown Says:

    Lynn, first you look absolutely amazing! And your post is excellent as usual. We are supposed to be prepared always; preapred to give a testimony a nd prepared for His return. Thanks for teh reminder of what our purpose should be.


  5. Lorrie Says:

    It's amazing to me how reading your post and just thinking about His return with a 'bridal' mindset arouses a desire to be as perfect (in the right way) as possible... oh the anticipation!!
    Thank you for Lynn.. I love it!


  6. Unknown Says:

    I'm dressed and ready, Lynn!
    He comes for me...and I await His coming.
    Jlo


  7. Thanks for sharing the picture, Lynn, you both look great (and still do, I might add)! This is a wonderful post and an excellent reminder!