Friday, October 16

Guest Interview...Michelle Sutton

I have another privilege today to bring you an interview with Michelle Sutton, author of…

*It’s Not About Him










*It’s Not About Me










* and just recently released Danger at the Door

Michelle won the SORMAG’s (Shades of Romance Magazine) Reader’s Choice Award for 2009 as the Featured Author of the Year.

Michelle, can you tell us a little about your background?


My background in writing is that I started writing inspirational fiction in August of 2003. Never wrote a word before. Never liked writing at all before.

What makes your inspirational romances different from the other ones on the market?


All romances must have a HEA (happily ever after) otherwise they are just love stories (think Nick Sparks) and Christian, or Inspirational romances have a spiritual theme as well. I can’t imagine writing something with no spiritual arc at all.

Name the one item in your closet that is a constant favorite - the one that always gets worn even though you might have something newer or better?


I have favorite jeans and they are the stretchy kind that let you overeat without cutting into your tummy. Ahh…comfort.

What kinds of books do you like to read? Who is your favorite author?


I don’t really have a favorite author. I have many favorites. I read almost 100 books last year. Most were inspirational and most were fiction. Maybe two or three books fell outside that genre. I love to read historical romance (inspirational), women’s fiction, and regular romance. I just hate a boring story.

On days when you are bone tired, but know you must get at least a few pages done, how do you motivate yourself to get going?


I read a book instead. If I don’t have “the muse” then it’s wasted time for me to try to write.

What is the best piece of writing advice you didn't take at first, but then realized it made a lot of sense?


Be ready to work hard because selling the book once it is written is much harder than writing it.

Humans tend to be creatures of habit. Which habits do you have that you like, and which ones would you like to change or get rid of?


I have a habit of despising Mondays (I have to go to my day job) and I should probably try to be more chipper about it. But honestly, I would rather be reading great books or writing some.

No interview of a writer would be complete without this question: what is your favorite comfort food?

Chocolate, of course!
~~~

You can find Michelle on her website

…on her blog

…and you can find Michelle’s books at Amazon.



Share/Save/Bookmark
1 Response
  1. Thanks Lynn, for having Mischelle as your guest!! Makes your blog a good place to visit and meet others!