Thursday, June 2

Through a Mist of Care

Photo by Rachael Taylor @Weheartit.com


*I felt led to rework this old post and repost it. I pray it blesses you...

“Come to Me,
all of you who are weary
and carry heavy burdens,
and I will give you rest.”
(Matt. 11:28 NLT)

“Come to Me...” Do we heed those words? Do we go to the Lord to drop all our burdens at His feet? Or do we usually carry those heavy loads all by ourselves? Or do we give them to Him and, then, snatch them back again?

Peter said, “Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you.” (1 Peter 5:7 TLB)

“...all of you who are weary...”
Don’t we weary ourselves with worries, even though Jesus gave the command to “not worry about your life”? (Matt. 6:25a NIV)

You know how the dictionary defines worry, don’t you? To torment oneself with or suffer from disturbing thoughts, fret, or be in a state of anxiety and uncertainty over actual or potential problems.

Hmmm...actual or potential problems. How often do we torment ourselves by fretting over those problems, whether real or the imagined what-ifs? Instead of focusing on the Lord, we permit those worries to divert our focus, causing ourselves more anxiety.

“...and carry heavy burdens...”
David said, “Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is distressed.” (Ps. 143:4 NKJV) Overwhelmed is defined as to envelop oneself, be feeble or faint, or grow weak. Distressed is defined as to be desolate, grow numb, appalled, devastated, ravaged.

David said he was overwhelmed and distressed because “the enemy has persecuted my soul.” (Ps. 143:3 NKJV) Sometimes, we walk around hunched over like a question mark, bent from the burdens we let the enemy pile on us.

Allowing worries, whether real or imagined, to envelop us produces a mist of care, concealing our view of our precious Lord. Our path becomes fogged, our spirit suffers, our prayer languishes, and our relationship with the Lord deteriorates.

Jesus said, “Will all your worries add a single moment to your life?” No, of course not. “So don’t be anxious about tomorrow.” (Matt. 6:27 TLB, Matt. 6:34a TLB)

“...and I will give you rest.”
Rest. Refreshment. Such as, “He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul.” (Ps. 23:2b-3a NKJV)

When we keep our minds focused on the Lord, “[He] will keep in perfect peace all who trust in [Him], all whose thoughts are fixed on [Him]!” (Isa. 26:3 NLT)

Do we fix our thoughts on Him or on our worries and cares? Do we release our grasp on them to receive what He offers us?

No godly soul ever grew in intimacy with the Lord or gained spiritual sight of His presence by carrying a load of burdens or worries. When difficulties blur our vision of our Beloved, we relinquish the very thing we seek: hearing the whispers of His heart, feeling the comfort of His arms, and knowing the peace of His nearness.

Therefore, “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank Him for His answers.” (Phil. 4:6 TLB)

Is there a mist of care obstructing your view of your Beloved? Walk through that mist of care and you will see the image of your Beloved with His outstretched arms. Drop your burdens there at His feet. And as the old song says, “You’ll never walk alone.”

“Come to Me...and I will give you rest.”




Share/Save/Bookmark
18 Responses
  1. Terra Says:

    Lynn this is very beautiful and true.


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Wow! You are really quick! LOL Thanks so much, Terra! You make my heart happy! Bless you!


  3. Delita Says:

    I got this verse "Come to Me,
    all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens,and I will give you rest.”Last week after I poured out all burdens in my heart and as His promise, He does give me peace. Thanks so much. Have a great day!


  4. I play that old song all the time...Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown...walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone. Think I need to go play me a song:)
    Great post!


  5. . Says:

    Hello, I come to via another friends blog.. I am co~author of http://heartofthehome-blog.blogspot.com/ and I enjoyed browsing your blog and wanted to introduce ourselves.. Heart of the Home is a womens ministry reaching out to women with encouragement from Gods word and his design for women as wives, mothers, friends and etc.. Hope you will get a chance to stop by and visit us, and that we can become Blogging Buddies.. Have a great weekend.. God Bless


  6. Great minds think alike. This very topic has been in my heart today. I did just as you suggested (early this morning) and before noon He had answered with a miracle, preceed with, yes, a rainbow, shimmering over the church where I married and sadly, buried my husband. However, I knew that this little bit of personal reference was not to make me sad, but to put emphasis on the intimacy of the messsage. Thanks for the confirmation, Lynn. As always an insightful and meaningful post.


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much for visiting, Delita. I deeply appreciate your comment. Blessings to you!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Kristin! Always makes me happy to see you! Thanks so much for commenting! Love that song. Be blessed!


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Jen, so nice to have a new connect. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Blessings to you!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Ceci, you always amaze me with all the blessings and visions. You are a wonder! Thank you. I love your comments! Blessings to you!


  11. A classic post Lynn! David knew all about resting in the meadows and hills of Galilee. I'm convinced that anxiety and worry can be lessened by communing with nature and letting God refresh you. I love how He cares for us and wants to lift the heavy loads that we drag with us in futility. Thanks for the reminder about letting Him minister to our state of worry and stress.


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Deborah, thank you so much. You're such a sweetheart. You always leave me a wonderful comment! Blessings to you!


  13. Great word...casting my cares today at His feet and standing against the lies of the enemy...thanks for this word.


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Janette! I so appreciate your visit and comment. Makes my heart happy! Blessings to you!


  15. Beautiful words and such wisdom, Lynn! I love these verses...such peace and truth from the word!
    "sometimes we walk around hunched over like a question mark" - so true! (And then I think...that by meditating on the truth, the Lord can turn the question mark into an exclamaition mark )...for His glory! Thanks for the follow! I'm now following your blog as well and so glad to meet you! :)


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Lorraine! I'm so honored to have you as a follower! Thank you so much for stopping by. You've made my heart very happy! Bless you!


  17. Beautiful post, Lynn! <3 I wanted to let you know that is absolutely fine with me to link my fresh air post! It is an honor, I thank you! I followed you as well, it is a pleasure to meet a wonderful Christian lady <3


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Widow Lady! I don't even know your name. I so appreciate connecting with you. May the Lord bless you! I'll let you know about the post.