Sunday, September 21

Through a Mist of Care

“Through a mist of care no man may see My Face. Only when the burden is flung at My Feet do you pass on to consciousness and spiritual sight.” Those were the words the Holy Spirit spoke to two little English ladies in the 1930s which they recorded in the old devotional God Calling.

What do you allow to become a mist before your eyes, as a veil separating you from the radiance of the Lord’s light? Memories? Unforgiveness? Schedules? Trials? Loss? Worries? How often do you ignore Jesus’ command to “not worry about your life”? (Matt. 6:25a NIV)

When we allow all these negative things of life to cause a haze, concealing our view of our precious Lord, our spirits suffer, our prayers languish, and our relationship with the Lord deteriorates.

Though spoken in a time long ago, Jesus’ words are timeless, “Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest,” (Matt. 11:28-29 NLT). If we do not drop our cares and leave them at Jesus’ feet before approaching the Throne Room, then our spiritual vision is clouded and we lose our consciousness of the Lord’s closeness.

No godly soul ever grew in intimacy with the Lord or gained sight of His presence by carrying a load of burdens or worries. When difficulties deafen our ears from hearing the whispers of our Beloved and distract us from feeling the comfort of His arms and the peace of His nearness, we relinquish the very thing we seek.

The Lord says, “‘You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart. I will be found by you,’ declares the LORD,” (Jer. 29:13-14a NIV).

What is your whole heart seeking?

Prayer: Lord, may I always seek You with my whole heart. May no cares conceal or hinder my fellowship with You. May I be so close to You that the breath of Your Spirit evaporates all traces of any hindrance. Amen.
10 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Hi Lynn,

    What a powerful blog! I absolutely love it and thank God you came to my blog so that I could stumble upon yours. I'll be visiting more frequently. Be blessed.


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, how sweet! Thank you dear one! So glad we stumbled together! Oh, yeah, that was BC (before Christ), wasn't it? LOL! So glad you stopped by. I will surely return the visit!


  3. Eve Says:

    In the last few days, I have had an old sickness come back on me that I thought was gone. I thought I was healed from this and here it is again.

    You just reminded me that I just need to lay it at the feet of Jesus. If he heals me, I will praise him. If he does not heal me, I will still praise him.


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Eve, I'm so sorry to hear about your illness. I understand. I have had a condition for 8 years and holding, holding onto hope for healing. One of these days, I'll put up my devotional entitled Healed or Not. It's exactly what you said...I will praise the Lord either way. I will pray that the Lord heals you, permanently. Be blessed...


  5. quietspirit Says:

    Lynn,
    You have a lot of meat in this entry. I am always caught short with the words of Jeremiah on being wholehearted in our devotion.


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    You're right about Jeremiah, quietspirit. Thanks so much for leaving a comment. My heart deeply appreciates it. Be blessed...


  7. You're so right on Lynn. Sometimes I say to people 'worry is a sin' and they look at me like I'm making that up. When Jesus said 'do not worry' it wasn't a suggestion or request, it was a command of love.
    Great writing Lynn, keep going, you are a blessing!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Marja! You're right. Worry is against God's word. It's lack of trust in the Lord. Thank you, my sweet friend. You've encouraged my heart. Blessings...


  9. Sockrma18 Says:

    Found you through Christian Women Blog....just clicked on you in that long list of blogs. Now I know why. God has shown me three times in the last two days Matthew 11:28-30 and when I got here and saw your post was just that, I could have fallen over. I have started a new business and worry so much I hardly sleep. God has told me several times to stop worrying and put my faith in Him. I think He's telling me to PAY ATTENTION to Him, ya think? :) Thank you for your wonderful blog...I have marked you on mine as one I follow so I will be back!

    ~Becki


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Becki, what a wonderful message. It touches my heart to know that the Lord has used my words to speak to you. This is one of my greatest prayers. I write because He has asked me to. I'm so glad we connected. I've bookmarked your blog and I'll visit often. May the Lord bless your new business and bless you with peace and comfort. Blessings...Lynn