Tuesday, November 10

Mission Possible, Spiritual Covering


Today, I have another privilege of bringing to you an interview with Deborah MacCarragher, author of Mission Possible, Spiritual Covering. After reading Deborah’s interview, if you’d like to be entered in the drawing for her book, please leave a comment at the end of this post.

Tell us a little about your background.


I grew up in a Navy family and moved frequently as a child. I married my first husband right out of high school. That marriage ended in divorce four years later. I remarried in 1982 (to my current husband) and we’ll be married 28 years in January 2010. Seven years into our marriage, I gave my life to Jesus as Lord and Savior. My husband did not.

What inspired you to write this influential book?


I was involved with a local intercessory prayer group at the time and was prompted by God during prayer to write down what He was conveying to me about my husband and his salvation.

The book was quite literally written as I was inspired and without much effort on my part. I just typed on the computer as He led me to Bible verses and topics to write about. I remember writing down the names of seven chapters during prayer time on a tablet - just looking at them afterwards in awe. It was quite a moving experience.

What advice do you have for women who are married to non-believing husbands?


I think the most important advice is to have faith in Who God is and His sovereignty. We can’t “pre-package” our spouse’s conversion experience, and God will always do what will bring Him the most glory. We also have to remember that we don’t wrestle against flesh and blood. Our spouse (if unsaved) isn’t governed by God’s Spirit, so we have to release them from that accountability. We must have faith that rests in God and not in our own understanding.

What kind of reactions has the book generated thus far?


I have had great reaction to my little book. Some women love it because it is not lengthy, and they can read it quickly, yet refer back to it over and over again. One woman emailed me a testimony that she was nearly ready to leave her husband, but after reading the book, felt that God was leading her to give her marriage another try. That was very humbling and gratifying for me. I just want to help women see that there is an alternative to being miserable in an unequally yoked marriage.

What’s the main message that you’d like readers to take away from it?


I would love readers to discover that God has a plan for each marriage that is in spiritual disunity. It involves us, but it is always done HIS WAY! I want readers to know that it is a process that evolves over time, that we must not put God in a box but give Him room to move in our spouse’s life.
They need to know that, because we are not perfect and continue to sin, satan will harass us (women) and try to influence us to believe that our mission is not possible, but with God, all things are possible!

Any final thoughts you’d like to share?


Just that I know how difficult it is to be married to a spouse who doesn’t share your love and devotion to the Lord Jesus. I, like many of my readers, get frustrated and disillusioned, but I know God has perfect timing and our best interests at heart overall. He wants our spouses to come to a saving knowledge of Him and embrace a future together that brings glory to Him.

How can our readers learn more about you and contact you directly?


They can visit me at...
*my website www.Godmissionpossible.com
*my blog page www.Godmissionpossible.blogspot.com
*or email me at deb@alabasterboxpublishing.com



Share/Save/Bookmark
4 Responses
  1. Good morning, Lynn and Deborah.

    I, too was married to an unbeliever for 19 years. Those were the loneliest years of my life. A book like yours would definitely have helped me.

    Fifteen years after our divorce, my former husband was saved. That was the fullfillment of God's promise to me many years before and I praise God for His kindness.

    Be blessed,

    Lynnda


  2. Sheila Deeth Says:

    Thank you for your book and your interview.


  3. kgcummings Says:

    my 32 year marriage went down the tubes and my only regret is that I truly didn't pay attention to the signs given to get out earlier. My life is blessed now and I praise God for that. Lovely interview. Kathy


  4. Alyssa Says:

    This book would be such a blessing, as I'm married to an unbeliever and would receive such encouragement from Deborah's story and be reminded that it will all happen in God's timing and in the way that will best bring Him glory. I was encouraged simply by reading the interview. Thanks for posting, Lynn.

    Blessings,
    Alyssa