Thursday, September 1

Alone Time with God


Today, I am linking up with Bonnie Gray of FaithBarista on the topic of "Whitespace Jam: Share anything you’d like about your alone time with God."

The Lord once spoke this to my heart and I share it with you. May He speak it to your heart as well...

“My child, you are doing well. Keep aiming at the goal I have set for you. This has been a wearisome time, but keep your aim and your eye on the goal, that is, to do My will.

Obedience is of the utmost importance. All My trust is placed in one of My children who places all their trust in Me. I trust them to do My work, that work which is so important for the lost world.

There are those who desperately need your obedience, for without it, their pathway is hindered. There are many who depend on My obedient children even though they do not know it.

The future of some, the well-being of others is so dependent upon your obedience. Take care that you heed My words.

I will help you rule your time. Give all your time into My hands. I will see to it that there is time enough for everything you need, and I need you, to do.

I am building up the waste places in your life, brick by brick. You are placing them back together with the cement of obedience to repair the wall that was broken down. Rejoice now as you build upon that firm foundation.

I will bring about My will in your life. But you must be willing as a little child to follow Me and do so obediently.

All My blessings are being poured out on you. I will rectify everything. I love you.”





FaithBarista_FreshJamBadgeG



Share/Save/Bookmark

26 Responses
  1. Thank you, Lynn. I have the most difficult time just 'letting go, letting God'. I am always trying to micromanage where I should be trusting in God's timing.


  2. Isn't it great when God speaks so personally to us? Thanks for sharing Lynn.


  3. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL I don't think you're by yourself on that, Sherry! I think we all do that at one time or another! Thanks so much for commenting! Bless you!


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Marja, those times of sweet, divine whispers are so precious! Thanks, sweetie!


  5. nicolewian Says:

    This, "I will help you rule your time. Give all your time into My hands. I will see to it that there is time enough for everything you need, and I need you, to do." such confirmation. Thank you.


  6. Duane Scott Says:

    "I will rectify everything…"

    Beautiful.


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    So glad, Nicole, that it was confirmation to you. Thank you for letting me know. Blessings to you!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Aw, Duane, thank you, dear one! You make my heart happy! Bless you!


  9. Time alone with God. I spend the first hour of every morning alone in my room with my devotions and His Word. I listen, and it still surprises me how often He speaks, always what I need most to hear. I love your analogies, your descriptions, and your stories, Lynn.


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Those words are so precious, aren't they, Ceci? {{sigh}} Thanks, sweetie! Bless you!


  11. Nikole Hahn Says:

    I love following Him. It's not always easy, but it's always an adventure.


  12. Beth in NC Says:

    Aren't we blessed that the Creator of the Universe wants to talk and commune with us?

    I am your newest follower! I pray you'll visit me as well. You have a lovely blog.

    Love,
    Beth

    http://mydestinysharinghope.com/


  13. Lynn, this is lovely. It reminds me of "Jesus Calling" -- the devotional I'm presently reading. We need those reminders to let it all go and let Jesus take the reins.


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Nikki, you are so right! Always an adventure! Thanks so much for your comment. You bless me! Blessings to you!


  15. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh my, yes, Beth! So blessed! LOL I beat you to the new follow. I had already joined your site and subscribed before you commented! Yay! So glad to connect. Bless you!


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Carol! That is so humbling. I've been reading Jesus Calling for about 2 1/2 years. I still read God Calling and God at Eventide (out of print) after about 35 years! Bless you!


  17. Obedience and time, both are needed always....not easy though. This touches me, thanks for sharing it.


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, sweet Kim! I'm so thankful it touched you. Thank you so much! Blessings to you!


  19. Glynn Says:

    We spend so much time talking about grace and blessing we often forget the importance of obedience. Good post, Lynn.


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    Amen, Glynn! You are so right. Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting. Makes me happy to see you! Blessings to you!


  21. Thank you so much for sharing what the Lord spoke to your heart. You are a blessed instrument to pass on God's teachings through your blog. Blessings and love to you!


  22. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment, Connie! You bless me! Blessings to you!


  23. Caroline Says:

    Oh my. Such truth. Obedience brings rest, doesn't it? Thank you for the reminder. (Catching up from the Faith Jam a little late!)


  24. lynnmosher Says:

    Caroline, thank you so much for stopping by. I appreciate your visit and your comment. Blessings to you!


  25. Dear Lynn,
    You have no idea how much this spoke to me. I have become weary interviewing the homeless and writing their stories. Such sad stories, sad, weary people and it's been getting me down. In the back of my mind, I thought maybe I would quit. But yet, I also felt strongly this was from the Lord. Your words here speak directly to my spirit and they have made me refocus on why I am doing what I am doing. I feel renewed. I will remain obedient. THANK YOU!


  26. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Kristin! My heart cries out in gratitude as tears of joy stream down my cheeks. I always pray that I choose to write what the Lord knows will touch someone or someones. You have so blessed me today. I'm praying for your continued strength to reach out to the unwanted, the homeless, the hurting. May the Lord bless you mightily for your obedience to His call. You are a precious soul.