Thursday, September 15

The Human Heart Craves


The human heart craves...

...to be loved, unconditionally
...to be accepted, without reservation
...to be understood, without condemnation
...security for the day
...comfort in times of stress, grief, and affliction
...peace
...strength to cope
...a leader to follow
...recognition of achievement
...joy in spite of turmoil
...forgiveness
...fulfillment for its emptiness
...tenderness when the world is unlovely
...encouragement for those days filled with woes
...safety from all that would harm
...confidence and calm when fear attacks
...soothing for the frustrations of life
...provision for all needs
...protection from evil
...power to fight the enemy
...shelter in the storm
...courage to step out when fainthearted
...a guidance counselor to find the designed path
...the right spouse, job, school, friendships
...refreshment in those parched times
...an intimate relationship and the revelation of that loved One’s heart
...a Savior
...to be welcomed Home into the Everlasting Arms

But yes, there are times when the human heart is contrary and desires the wrong things, but it seeks in confusion. A right heart craves to beat in perfect harmony with the Heartbeat of the Beloved.

“Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires and secret petitions of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.” (Ps. 37:4-5 Amp)



*Imperfect Prose on Thursdays on Canvas Child




Share/Save/Bookmark
18 Responses
  1. Fliterary Says:

    Beautiful post, Lynn. My heart is smiling. :)


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, sweet one! I always think of you as smiling and I can't think of you without smiling! Bless you!


  3. My heart craves all of these Lynn!


  4. Beautiful post, Lynn! Oh, and you know how I loved that you used the Amplified! Don't you just love how it says, 'roll and repose each care of you load on Him'.

    May our hearts beat in perfect harmony with the Heartbeat of the Beloved!

    Love how you shine for Him!


  5. For my writing it's always "confidence and calm" that I struggle with. This is an awesome list. Thanks, Lynn.


  6. Anna Says:

    It's true that our heart desires many things that in and of ourselves we cannot supply. I think perhaps in our need we often pursue each one of these things in places and from people who can never fill our need. I often pray that God will give me a healthy appetite for all of the right things and that He will keep me on the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. I have endured many difficult times, but through it all, and in the end, I find there is but one thing I cannot live without, and that would be Jesus.
    Anna


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    Me, too, Marja! And to crave what the Father desires. Thanks, sweetie!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Yup! Gotta love that Amplified! So glad to know you love it, too, Stephanie! Beating in harmony...bless you, dear one!


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, sweet Carol. I'm sure there are other things that I failed to list. Always love having your comments. Bless you!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    So true, Anna! So true! Praying for the right appetite and the right path is essential. And yes, I could not live without Jesus! Thank you so much for the visit. Blessings to you!


  11. Mommy Emily Says:

    A right heart craves to beat in perfect harmony with the Heartbeat of the Beloved.

    love this lynn... beautiful.


  12. Psalm 37, one of my favorites, instrumental in leading me to my husband. Beautiful, Lynn and just what I needed to read today.


  13. lynnmosher Says:

    Emily, I'm so honored to have you visit. Thank you so much for your kind words. Blessings to you!


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Ceci! It always makes my heart happy to see you. Bless you, dear one!


  15. Unknown Says:

    That was beautiful Lynn! Thank you :)


  16. Great post Lynn! Our frail human heart beats at our Lord's bidding. He is the giver of life and the keeper of our heart's treasures. So glad my craving now as a believer is a heart bent towards Him - beating to His heavenly chorus.


  17. lynnmosher Says:

    Mari, thank you so much for visiting and commenting. I deeply appreciate it. Bless you!


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, yes, Deborah! I so agree! Thank you, sweetie! I always appreciate your wonderful comments. Bless you!