Friday, December 9

He Came!


I grieve when I fail the Lord, when my obedience lacks its first response.

But then I remember it was for failures that Christ graced a waiting manger. It was for failures that He breathed His last earthly breath as He hung in disgrace on a wooden cross.

It was to a failure, one who penned the precious psalms that touch our hearts in time of need. And, yet, as a man after God’s own heart, sinned and ripped apart his fellowship with the Lord, then repented and repaired it.

It was to a failure, one who had denied Christ three times, that the command of “feed My sheep” was given.

It was to a failure that Jesus gave His first greeting in the Garden of Gethsemane on that initial Easter morn.

It was to a failure who had been the foremost despiser of believers yet became one of the greatest servants of the Gospel, the Lord blessing his ministry and his writings for all time.

I think, no, I know my greatest failure is in closing the inn-door of my heart, telling the Christ-child there is no room to live in my heart, in my circumstances, in every moment of my life.

But He came…


...amid a firmament full of celestial singers and the cries of an infant. And in the lowly stable, Mary lovingly swaddled the future Sacrifice of the world; her gentleness contrasted with the roughness of the hand-hewn trough in which she placed the tiny Child.

There, the miracle of the manger took place: the empty manger, the harbinger of a destined, wooden cross cradling the tiny body of mankind’s salvation, became full - full of love, full of expectation, full of holiness, and full of humanity.

He came, confined by the boundaries of time and limitations of a physical body.

For failures, He came. For me, He came. For you, He came.


But where does He go to be cradled today? In the manger-hearts of believers.

“How silently, how silently the wondrous Gift is given!
So God imparts to human hearts the blessings of His heaven.
No ear may hear His coming, but in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive Him still, the dear Christ enters in.”
(Third verse of “O Little Town of Bethlehem”)

Is the rough manger of your heart cradling the Babe of salvation?

God still seeks His mangers…hearts willing to hold Him. For this...






Share/Save/Bookmark
14 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    That was absolutely beautiful, Lynn. Thank you. <3

    -Tony


  2. lynnmosher Says:

    Tony, thank you so much for taking time to read and comment. I deeply appreciate your kind words. Bless you!


  3. Oh, Lynn, I think this was one of your most beautiful posts! After reading this I am proud to be a failure if it means I am included in His flock.

    Beautiful, Lynn, just beautiful!


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    I am truly grateful for your generous words, Ceci. I needed a boost today. Thank you so much! Bless you!

    PS...the "He came" at the end was not supposed to have the white box. I don't know what happened to the code. {{sigh}}


  5. Beautiful post as usual Lynn! He came for the failure of the "religious" leaders and followers that refused to acknowledge His Holiness and Deity. He came for my failure to bend my knee to Him years before I actually gave my heart to Him. Yet - He waited for me with open arms and received my sinful soul. My manger now has fresh hay - ready for His second coming...


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Deborah, thank you for another great comment. I always love reading what you have to say! Blessings to you!


  7. Beautifully written!
    Hallelujah, He came!
    Thank you Father!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, dear Kristin! Your comment truly blesses me. Blessings in return to you!


  9. Very nice indeed. Thanks for reminding us that Christ came for each of us. We will never be lost if we remain faithful to Him.


  10. Good morning my dear friend ;o) I am reposting this article on the Ruby blog and community, and noticed that your book is now available. Can we promote it for you? I would like to get an article in the January issue of the Ruby magazine about it, too. Let me know if that would be OK, and we'll get all the info, links, logos, etc. and get busy promoting this exciting news! Have a great week, Nina


  11. Anonymous Says:

    I love this,Lynn! Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us!

    Blessings, Anna


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Meg, thank you so much. I'm honored to have you visit. I deeply appreciate your comment. Christmas blessings to you!


  13. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Nina! Thanks so much, sweetie, for taking time to comment. I love seeing you! Blessings to you!


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Anna! Hope you're feeling better. Blessings to you, dear one!