Thursday, January 12

Can Routine Affect Our Purpose? guest post


Today, I bring you a new cyber-friend, Naty Matos. Naty writes Christian fiction and non-fiction. Her first book, Growth Lessons, can be found on
Kindle and Nook.

I hope you’ll support Naty with a comment. Thanks!

Here’s Naty...

Routine is an element that could prevent us from embracing the new things that God wants to do in our lives. No matter how free-spirited our lives may be, the most disorganized of us has a routine. We get up, go to work or school, we have a hygiene routine, eating routine, a schedule.

After all the hours outside of our house, we then return and do mostly the same things: clean up, eat, and entertain ourselves (television, internet, games, Facebook). The day ends and we have not given God a minute of our time.

Some people have included God in their daily routine somewhat, but if something comes along that changes the things we usually do, we have the tendency to present resistance. I know that God has woken me up in the middle of the night with someone’s name. He usually wants me to go and pray for that person. I have to admit that I have not always been obedient to that call.

How many times have you ignored that voice when you know in your heart that you needed to do something for someone or in obedience to God?

This reminded me of the parable of the Good Samaritan, when people bypassed helping someone in need in order to make it to the temple on time. If you have not read it, I’ll share it with you.

It’s in Luke 10:32-34, “Jesus answered by telling a story. ‘There was once a man traveling from Jerusalem to Jericho. On the way he was attacked by robbers. They took his clothes, beat him up, and went off leaving him half-dead. Luckily, a priest was on his way down the same road, but when he saw him he angled across to the other side. Then a Levite religious man showed up; he also avoided the injured man.

‘A Samaritan traveling the road came on him. When he saw the man’s condition, his heart went out to him. He gave him first aid, disinfecting and bandaging his wounds. Then he lifted him onto his donkey, led him to an inn, and made him comfortable. In the morning he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper, saying, ‘Take good care of him. If it costs any more, put it on my bill—I’ll pay you on my way back.’” (The Message)

Stopping there would have affected their routine. I have found out that when I get out of myself and actually allow God to alter my routine, I get more blessed than any blessing I can be to anyone else.

Let’s decide today to give our daily schedules to God every day and let His will be done.

~~I hope you’ll visit Naty’s site The Rising Muse

You can also catch her on Facebook and on Twitter @NatyCMatos



Share/Save/Bookmark
5 Responses
  1. Great post, thanks! I believe that the greatest surprises can be found when we decide to take a different route from time to time.


  2. Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, we do need to break routine from time to time and reach out to others, whether through prayer or caring with a card, a casserole, or a holy kiss. :-)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Thank you ladies, I'm glad this blessed you as it blessed me to realize that when I start seeing that things feel dull and repetitive, it's just the sign that it's time to shake it up and focus. God Bless you :)


  4. Naty: Great post! I've read other's posts at one time or another that are similar. I totally get what your saying. I've prayed over and over for God to use me however he sees fit for HIS purpose. Praise HIM! Thank YOU Lord God for using Naty to encourage all of us and for allowing Lynn to allow Naty to post on her blog. AMEN!


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you all for supporting Naty with your comments. Bless you all!