Thursday, August 25

Taken Aside by Jesus


“And taking him aside from the crowd [privately]...”
(Mark 7:33a Amp)

Have you ever had a deep, dark struggle in your life? Most of us have. I have. And it sent me to my knees to seek the Lord. During that time of struggle, I wrote this...

Oh, from these bars of confinement shutting me in, I cry out to God. From this darkness surrounding me, all seems lost. Yet, I know all things are sifted through the loving fingers of my precious Lord. Wishing to commune with me, He allows this thing to touch my life.

Though others see not my streaming tears, the Lord sees my aching heart and gently wipes away those tears. “Nearly all God’s jewels are crystallized tears,” someone once said.

Too many voices clamor for my attention. Wearied from the noise of the world, my ears impatiently wait for the comforting sound of His voice. The Lord “takes me aside from the crowd privately” into absolute aloneness with Him, that I may listen only to Him. His words of love and comfort speak thunderously in this solitude.

When darkness and loneliness loom endlessly, they yet result in the richest and most rewarding of all spiritual experiences, for it is then that I see my darkness is but the overshadowing of the wings of the Lord, and I await the radiance of His glorious light to fall from heaven that I might behold my precious Savior.

The Lord’s purpose in taking me aside is never immediately discerned. However, getting my attention and bringing me into a deeper relationship with Him is always His will in my blackest hours.

The Holy Spirit comes as the dew of dawn to silently dispense His peace and comfort. In waves of coolness, He breathes upon me like a refreshing wind.

This parched mortal vessel yearns to be filled with those Living Waters provided only by the Lord. His peace pours forth as an endless river, rushing over me to cleanse all that would obstruct my view of Him. As I go to the Well, I drink in His Life and I am revitalized.

Then, I sing of His wonders and tell of His glories, and my walls of confinement fade into nothingness. The way opens before me. I see His brilliant, glistening footsteps on the path before me as if sprinkled with the glitter of heavenly dust, and only the light of praise brings them into focus.

Not all my questions are answered nor all my longings appeased, but His gracious mercy provides the path of recovery to soundness, to wholeness, to a larger place, to Himself.

It is for this that I praise Him...for “taking me aside.”

~~Lord, may rivers of blessings be poured out to other parched souls because of my desert. I pray that freedom may come to them out of my confinement, that light for blind eyes may come out of my darkness, and that comfort for the hurting may come out of my loneliness. Amen.~~



Today, I'm hooking up with...

Canvas Child's Imperfect Prose on Thursdays...



Reflections of His Grace...


Coming soon...


Share/Save/Bookmark

20 Responses
  1. Terra Says:

    Lynn, this post is very eloquent.


  2. Joan Hall Says:

    This is beautiful, Lynn. I like what you said about God's jewels being crystallized tears. It seems that those dark times...the valley times...are when I experience the most spiritual growth.

    Thanks for linking up today.

    Blessings,
    Joan


  3. Irene Says:

    Oh how your post soothes my soul, Lynn. Thank you so much for sharing. God bless! :-)

    Irene


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, my! Thank you so much, Terra! I'm humbled. Bless you!


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Joan, thanks so much for stopping by. It is those dark times that bring us the most light, isn't it? Blessings to you!


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Irene, I'm so blessed to know that this soothed your soul. Thank you so much for letting me know. Saying a prayer for you. Bless you!


  7. Jenny Says:

    I've had a number of experiences like this, although it's not always apparent that anything had been accomplished by it. Sometimes afterward the weight of the struggle can seem heavier.


  8. This speaks to me and many...


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Jenny, I'm so sorry about your heavier weights. Sometimes, that may seem the case. Thank you so much for commenting. I'm honored you stopped by. Blessings to you!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Kim! I'm so glad it touched you, sweetie! Loved seeing you. Bless you!


  11. Mommy Emily Says:

    i love that you linked. this post was balm to my heart tonight. thank you.


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Emily, you so bless my heart. I'm so glad it was balm for your heart. Thank you! Saying a prayer for you! Blessings to you!


  13. Beautifully written, Lynn. Made me wonder if perhaps you were one of the unknown authors of the Psalms. (grin) What you wrote is so full of truth.


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL Thanks so much for that, Carol! You're such a sweet friend! You always bless me. Blessings in return to you!


  15. Poetically beautiful, Lynn, and the message comforting.It is indeed during life's darkest moments that His light shines brightest. I love the picture. How wonderful it would be to kneel at His feet and feel His touch. Someday, someday...


  16. Rivers of blessings truly do pour from the Lord through your blog, Lynn. Thank you for another beautiful post and continuing inspiration. Blessings to you!


  17. lynnmosher Says:

    Always so generous with your comments, Ceci! Thank you so much, sweetie! You make my heart happy! Bless you!


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Aw, thank you so much, Connie! Such sweet words indeed. You bless me. Blessings to you!


  19. Jackie Says:

    Your writings are like a song coming from an angel!!!


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, my! Jackie, I'm in tears. What a lovely comment! You have truly blessed me. Thank you so much! Bless you!