Thursday, August 18

A Vision of Earth


A few years ago, the Lord showed me a vision of man’s sin on earth. I now share it with you.

As a spectator looking down on the planet from outer space, I observed earth slowly shriveling like a prune, drying up for lack of sun and moisture. At the same time, humanity was withering in the same way, evaporating from the lack of the Son and dew of the Spirit.

Barely a division between those in the church and those outside the church existed. Man’s selfishness covered the earth.

Man’s sins - his inhumanity, pride, bloodshed, lust, perversion of what God intended to be pure, such as marriage and His relationship with His own children - rose up from the earth as thick, ebony smoke, constricting the planet, as if squeezing the life out of it. It ascended into the atmosphere as a dark veil, deflecting the light of God.

“Oh, God,” I cried. “How can this be reversed? What can man do to bring back Your light into the world?”

Without a verbal answer, He showed me men lying prostrate on the ground, all across the globe. Like little spikes sticking up out of a deflated ball, hands were thrust up in prayer. With a great breath, the Spirit exhaled a current that encircled the earth and broke through the veil.

The Spirit then began to move upon those with uplifted hands, sparking a revival of the church, and the influence spread to unbelievers who accepted God’s salvation. It brought to my mind creation in Genesis 1:2, as tohuw and bohuw, without form and void, as the Life of the Spirit hovered over the earth.

I said, “Lord, what will bring this about?”

He answered, “Prayer, prayer, and more prayer, and the hearts of My people longing to bring men into My Light and My salvation.”

Then, the earth and humanity’s darkness gradually became illuminated, growing brighter and brighter, as if released from the black of night to the brilliance of the noonday sun.

God said, “As men will cleanse themselves in the blood of My Son to rid themselves of the darkness within, My Light will shine, for I am Light and in Me there is no darkness, and if I, the Light of the World, live in you, there must be no darkness in you, for dark and Light cannot dwell together. Only when you shine as pure light will My Light be manifested to the world.”

“Look around you!” the disciple John said. “Vast fields of human souls are ripening all around us, and are ready now for reaping.” (John 4:35 TLB)

But what are we doing about it?




Share/Save/Bookmark

23 Responses
  1. Tracy Krauss Says:

    Wow! That must have been a powerful experience ... prayer is the key, isn't it?


  2. Powerful post Lynn, this is no ordinary revelation... I'll keep it, it is scary but at the same time encouraging.


  3. lynnmosher Says:

    It was a powerful experience, Tracy. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting. I appreciate it! Blessings to you!


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Marja, it was very scary. I'm glad though that it is still encourages us to do something about the darkness. Bless you!


  5. You're only the second person in my life that I've known to have a vision. You are blessed and we are blessed that you have shared it with us. Thank you.


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Visions are extremely rare so I always write them down. Thanks so much, Carol! Bless you!


  7. RitasRavings Says:

    Nice blog Lynn. Great vision and insight. If each of us spent time with only 2 people a week who didn't know Jesus and loved them like He asked us the world would transform before our eyes. Thanks for the reminder.


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much for the comment, Rita! I'm honored you stopped. Blessings to you!


  9. Fliterary Says:

    Wow Lynn, this is so powerful! What a message for all of us.

    Prayer is such a powerful weapon and tool. Oh that we may all spend time on our knees to pray for a lost and hurting world.

    I'm praying!!!

    Have a wonderful weekend, sweet friend.

    Love and hugs,
    Lisa


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, thank you, sweet Lisa! You are such a dear! Hope you have a wonderful weekend as well! Love you!


  11. This vision touches me. I feel like we need to pray also. I have been burdened lately for mankind....


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    So glad you feel it, too, Kim! Thanks so much for stopping by. Blessings to you!


  13. Quite a profound post Lynn. I'm sure after you had the vision you were aching in intercession for us all. God is so merciful... May the Eternal Light Himself pierce the darkness one last time and illuminate his people in a dim and dying world.

    Thanks for this moving piece! Be blessed,


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, sweet Deborah, for another great comment. Bless you!


  15. Duane Scott Says:

    Oh Lynn...

    I love this. I want to be one of those lying prostrate, praying for the welfare of the nation, of the world, of me...

    Praying with you tonight.

    Thank you so much for showing this to me! I had missed it. (surprise, surprise ~ when is life slowing down)


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Wow! Thanks so much, Duane! So glad you want to join in and be a spike! Bless you!


  17. "'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams"(Acts 2:17) - I am always humbled and excited when God reveals Himelf through dreams and visions! What an amazing vision! I think we are called to reach out to our neighbors, increase the family circle of God by reaching to those outside the circle - to be vigilant at the soccer fields, the grocery story, - even in a prayer group! God doesn't want to lose a single one - so we're on call ALL THE TIME! Thank you for sharing your heart:)


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Amen, Maryleigh! Thank you for your wonderful comment. I'm so sorry I missed seeing you. Hope to catch you on another visit. Hope you're enjoying your new home. Blessings to you, dear one!


  19. Thanks for the powerful reminder of what we have available to us through his Spirit.Sometimes we take prayer so lightly.


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    Wow! I'm honored to have you visit, Marcia! Thanks you so much for stopping by and commenting. I appreciate it. Blessings to you!


  21. Erin Says:

    Oh Lynn,
    I wept as I read this. What a vision the Lord gave you. There is no life, or light or hope without a praying people who will bring about revival in this tired old earth. Thank you so much for sharing your vision with us. It will stick with me!!
    Blessings,
    ~Erin


  22. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, sweet Erin! You make my heart so happy. Bless you!


  23. Jackie Says:

    Dearest Lynn,
    This post is so enlightening and enpowering..If someone is a non-believer of Him, our Almighty Power~this will def. make them believe~