Tuesday, October 28

Hold Onto Your Fork...The Best is Yet to Be!


Years ago, our preacher at the time gave a sermon about a married couple. I don’t remember the details, only the basics. A wife had served her husband a great meal, and as she cleared away the dishes, she announced to her husband her usual comment, “Hold onto your fork. The best is yet to be.”

After the sermon, that saying stuck with me. As we were suffering financial difficulties, I took an old fork, tied a red ribbon around it, and hung it on my refrigerator in hopes of God’s promise of the best is yet to be. I never removed it. It’s been there for years. It reminds me that, no matter what the trial, heartache, or pain surrounding my life, God is still faithful to the promises in His Word.

First Kings 8:56b says, “There has not failed one word of all His good promise.” (NKJV) Abraham knew this. He never doubted, for scripture says he was “fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.” (Rom. 4:21 NKJV) He held on and God fulfilled His promise to him of the best that was yet to be.

Even with great faith attached to it, a promise of God sometimes stalls in its appearance because of God’s time schedule. What happens when inactivity occurs, when a promise seems to drift farther and farther away, when circumstances linger incessantly and patience wears thin? Are we more concerned about the problem or God’s promise?

If we hold onto that Word, as that scarlet cord of promise, God will always be faithful to keep it, for the One Who breathes His promises into our hearts will not fail to serve up the sweet ending.

Whatever your trials might be this day, hang on to God’s promises. Go now, find a fork, tie it up with a pretty bow, and hang it on your refrigerator, for...

YOUR BEST IS YET TO BE!!!


~~Blessings, Lynn~~
26 Responses
  1. Sockrma18 Says:

    I got a fork all picked out. THANK YOU FOR THIS POST. I needed it today more than ever before.

    Becki


  2. MistiPearl Says:

    Thank you Lynn. This was a love note from God for me...thank you for being the secretary:)
    ~mp:)


  3. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL! Glad you picked out a fork, Becki! I'm so glad the Lord used this to touch you today. May He bless you outrageously with His presence and all that you need today. Blessings to you...


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Mistipearl! Such a sweet comment. Thank you so much. I am so blessed when the Lord uses something I write to touch another's heart. I wish the same for you as I did for Becki...May He bless you outrageously with His presence and all that you need today. Blessings to you...


  5. Lorrie Says:

    I really really like this devotional Lynn. Very much of a comfort and encouragement. Thank you.


  6. Meridith Says:

    I will never look at a fork the same way again... thank you...

    I'm desperately trying to hold on to the promises of God... (((hugs)))


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    Lorrie, Thank you so much. I'm so glad this was a comfort and encouragement to you. Bless you, sweet friend!


  8. Walk Says:

    Lynn, it always amazes me how God speaks through you. The fork will never leave the refrig while we're here in this world, cuz the best is really yet to come.

    Walk


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Meridith, Thanks so much for your comment. I pray the Lord will bless you with His presence in a new way and prove His promises can be trusted. Blessings to you, new friend...


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Terry, my friend, you are always so generous with the compliments. So glad you're putting up a fork. It's a great reminder. Blessings to you...


  11. Billy Coffey Says:

    Thank you, Lynn, for reminding me that the longer one waits for the feast, the better the food will taste...


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Great comment, Billy! Thanks! Blessings to you...


  13. Haha Lynn, I'll skip the fork and just stare at the brownie :)mouthwatering. And as always, you're right on with your devotion! Keep it up girl.


  14. This post is right on time for me. I always hold to our Lord's promises. I know that His word is true, but I love it when He gives me the confirmation I need.

    This posting was exactly that..confirmation that our Lord will work all things out for our good and the best is still yet to come.

    Thank you for sharing this..


  15. lynnmosher Says:

    Yeah, Marja! Every time I look at that picture, I drool! Thanks again for commenting, sweet friend! Blessings to you...


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Trophy! You've made my heart explode with joy! It is such a delight to know that the Lord uses my writing to touch the hearts of others. I'm so glad for the confirmation. May the Lord bless you.


  17. Chris Depew Says:

    Another great post Lynn. Thank you for that. I have been in the spot where I know that God's timetable was not like my own and that is very frustrating. So, the fork, what a great reminder. Thanks again.


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Chris. I deeply appreciate you stopping by and leaving me a comment. Blessings to yo...


  19. Bless you, Lynn, for sharing this just when I needed to read it! It's so lovely how God uses what you write to touch others with what they need.


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Connie, how very sweet! Thank you so much for those kind words. I say this all the time but I so mean it...my heart's desire is for every post to touch at least one heart for Him. It so blesses me when so many receive a touch from the Lord. May He bless you with the promise to which your clutch in your heart.


  21. Unknown Says:

    Lynn: what a fabulous post. I'm getting myself a fork and some red cord. Thank you SO much for this wisdom and encouragement to hold on to God's promises. He is so faithful isn't He!


  22. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Mari! Thank you so much for your comment. You make my heart so happy! I'm glad you're getting a fork. It's a great reminder. May the Lord bless you with His promises.


  23. Sita Says:

    Great word...of hope...
    By the way, can I enter your book give-away? Thanks!


  24. Greta Says:

    I just read your devotion over at Internet Cafe. It really hit home today - hav 2 sick kids PLUS a sick husband.
    God Bless


  25. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, I'm so sorry, Greta. I'll pray that you stay well! Take your Zicam! Thanks so much for taking time to stop by and leave me a comment. I deeply appreciate. Blessings to you...


  26. lynnmosher Says:

    Sita, Thanks! And I'll get you entered in the next book give-away!