Monday, July 5

Leaning Upon Your Beloved

photo courtesy Mollivan Jon @flickr

"Who is this coming up from the wilderness,
leaning upon her beloved?”
SOS 8:5 NKJV

Wandering in the wilderness, I languish. I yearn for my Beloved. I suddenly become aware of His tender presence.

He’s there, awaiting my nearness.

I draw close.

He reaches out His nail-scarred hand to greet me, drawing me to Himself. He accepts me, no matter what my mood or attitude.

“Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way.” (Ps. 23:4 TLB)

He is my divine Beloved.

“I am my beloved’s, and my beloved is mine.” (SOS 6:3 NKJV) I lean in, resting my full weight upon Him. I hear His heartbeat. My heart quickens.

He supports all my weight. He lifts the wilderness burden I carry. He brings me up out of Lodebar, that dry, pastureless place of lack and want. “He lets me rest in the meadow grass and leads me beside the quiet streams. He gives me new strength.” (Ps. 23:2-3a TLB)

My heart quickens again. “Joy rises in my heart until I burst out in songs of praise to Him.” (Ps. 28:7 TLB)

*Are you in a wilderness wandering?

*Do you draw close to Him while you are there? “And when you draw close to God, God will draw close to you.” (James 4:8 TLB)

*Do you realize your Beloved is there with you, for you to lean upon? Are you “Leaning back against Jesus” (John 13:25a NIV) as the beloved disciple John did?

*Do you allow Him to carry your burden upon His shoulders? “Give your burdens to the Lord. He will carry them.” (Ps. 55:22 TLB)

*Is He your Beloved? Or does your love for another fill your heart more than your love for Him?

In your wanderings, take the first step to draw close to Him and He will draw close to you. Lean upon your Beloved. He awaits the weight of your burdens.

“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” (Matt. 11:28 NKJV)



Share/Save/Bookmark
18 Responses
  1. Terra Says:

    Hi Lynn, you found a wonderful photo to illuminate the wilderness Scriptures and your thoughts in this post.


  2. God has been drawing me to those verses in Matthew 11 all week, so why should I be surprised when I see them again here?

    Thank you for this. ... Let's keep leaning in to our Beloved.


  3. Wow Lynn... I love this. "My Beloved". One of my virtual world groups is doing a theatrical show at the end of this month and your theme verse from SOS is our theme. I love this! Praise God!


  4. Dawn Wilson Says:

    I love this, Lynn. With my fractured ankle, I'm needing to lean on my beloved husband Bob -- leaning hard to get in and out of a car, to get up from the floor, etc. So I'm getting special insight into what "Leaning on the Everlasting Arms" means these days. Thank you for the reminder that our Beloved Lord will always hold us up.


  5. My dear friend, you have left me speechless! Thank you for sharing your heart with such beautiful and elegant words! I'm so thankful we can cling to our Beloved for we are His.


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Terra, It was really hard to find a photo. As soon as I saw that one, I loved it. Thanks!


  7. lynnmosher Says:

    LOL! Jennifer, Isn't it amazing how God does that? Thanks so much for the comment. I love that John leaned upon Jesus breast. So touching. If you close your eyes, you can almost hear Him breathing. Awesome! Blessings to you!


  8. lynnmosher Says:

    Kimberly, Thank you so much! You bless me and make my heart happy. Love you! Blessings to you!


  9. lynnmosher Says:

    Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope your recovery is quick. Thank you for the comment. Be blessed!


  10. lynnmosher Says:

    Sweet Stephanie, Bless you! Love you!


  11. Billy Coffey Says:

    There was a time when I wouldn't lean because I wanted to be strong for Him. He taught me that I'm strongest when I'm leaning. Loved these words, Miss Lynn.


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Billy-boy! That is so true! Amen and amen! Thanks for stopping by. I'm honored! Blessings to you!


  13. Nikole Hahn Says:

    I've been asking God to help me prioritize quiet time with Him. We get so busy trying to fit life in that we "fit" him in our lives. I think He meant for us to spend quiet time with Him.


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, Nikole! Yes, we definitely need a special time with our Beloved each day. If Jesus thought it necessary to spend time fellowshipping with His Father, then, oh my, how much more do we need the same? Thanks so much for stopping by. Blessings to you!


  15. Anonymous Says:

    This blog post filled my room with peace that only God can give. Thank you for your cooperation with Him! :) I know you'll always know His peace as you walk hand in hand with your Beloved!


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Oh, my, Helen! I'm so humbled. That gives me goosebumps! Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment! Bless you!


  17. This is beautiful, Lynn! It's a great reminder to lean on our Beloved and give Him our burdens. We tend to forget that at times, distracted with the busyness of life, but that support and love are such a blessed relief!


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    You are so right, Connie! And thank you for commenting. You're a sweetheart! Bless you!