Monday, March 21

Season of Renewal


“Then you send Your Spirit, and new life is born
to replenish all the living of the earth.”
(Ps. 104:30 TLB)

It’s here again…the first signs of renewal! Spring is poised, ready to pounce out from behind winter’s shadows.

But before creation blossoms forth with its spring beauty, nature always endures a season of travail. Trees stand lifeless, branches withered and devoid of blooms and fruit, appearing unproductive to all.

The Lord once said to me, “During the long winter months, when nature has seemingly lost all its beauty, life still flows deep within its darkest recesses. The trees appear naked and dead without their leaves and blooms. The ground seems hard and bare without the beauty of flowers and grass. But, in reality, life is ever-present, ever-flowing.

“It flows in the sap that is deep within the trees. It stirs within the seeds of flowers yet to bloom. Both are quietly at work, awaiting their appointed time to be awakened and spring to life.”

When the trees awaken from their seasonal slumber, they arise from darkness and decay to newness of rebirth, as their external starkness is replaced with bursts of beauty.

Spring’s animation then begins. Breezes swirl above the tree tops, tickling the fresh, new buds as they poke their tiny heads into the warmth of the sun. The streams overflow with the fullness of April’s showers and skip over the rocks as if gurgling with laughter, while May flowers crown their banks.

The Lord said, “Sometimes My people must also endure their long, winter months of travail when their fruit seems to have withered and their branches seem bare. But deep within their roots, My Spirit moves with eternal life.

“All may seem dark, lost, and devoid of life and beauty, but, in such a life lived with Me, My work still goes on. Allow My Life to flow through you, especially in the darkest of times, and then you will be renewed.”

Sometimes, swirling seasons of life swoop down upon us through storms of bereavement, affliction, or adversity, which leave us devoid of the blooms and fruit of our lives.

Though spring enters with whirling winds and rain, it still brings a message of hope, of new birth, not only to creation but to us as well. God’s timetable for regeneration is always on schedule for that eternal, divine Sap flows through us and bubbles up with new life at the designated time.

As we wait out those bleak seasons, expecting renewed inner beauty and strength, we can wait with assurance, as Isaiah said, “But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength.” (Is. 40:31 NKJV)

Does your life feel as though all your beautiful leaves have fallen from your limbs? Are the first signs of decay setting in, causing you to feel bare and fruitless? Has your inner strength diminished?

God’s Spirit of regeneration still flows within you. Your time of renewal will come. The Lord said, “All may seem dark, lost, and devoid of life and beauty, but, in such a life lived with Me, My work still goes on...Allow My Life to flow through you, especially in the darkest of times, so then will you be renewed.”

Whether your circumstances swirl around you or lie dormant, your life will again blossom with beauty as the Eternal Sap of Life brings renewal at just the right time.

“Behold, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs forth.” (Is. 43:19a Amp)



This is part of the Christianwriters.com blog chain for March on the topic of swirling. Check out the other great posts that are listed in the sidebar.

Share/Save/Bookmark
36 Responses
  1. Patti Hanan Says:

    Hi Lynn, When I read your post I was amazed. We wrote about quite similar things today. The Holy Spirit is working to get the message out about hope and renewal. So many need to have hope. Bless you.


  2. Lynn, this is beautiful. Just a great reminder. Love your blog design!


  3. TraciB Says:

    Beautiful, Lynn, as always. Thanks for the uplifting words. :)


  4. lynnmosher Says:

    Isn't that fun, Patti? Will be sure to hop over and read yours! Thanks so much for the comment! Blessings to you!


  5. lynnmosher Says:

    Debra, thank you so much! You make my heart happy. Bless you!


  6. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Traci! I appreciate it. Blessings!


  7. ML Says:

    Hey Lynn,

    Believe it or not, I needed to hear this today. We all travel through the winter season waiting on the spring.

    Thank you for this post sister in Christ.

    Waiting on Spring.


  8. What a wonderful post, Lynn, almost poetic the way you described life in spite of the appearance of lifelessness. My biology professor in Christian college liked to say the "death" of winter and "resurrection" of spring reflects Jesus Christ. I've always loved it.

    ~ VT


  9. Good post, offering hope and renewal. Such a needed message today.


  10. Lovely, Lynn. I see you share the Beautiful Warrior spirit. :)

    P.S. My guest on my online radio show today was Debbie Taylor Williams, author of The Plan A Woman in a Plan B World: What To Do When Life Doesn't Go According to Plan. She's giving away a copy of her book, Lynn, and I haven't had many entries. So far. If you have a moment, bog over to my blog and leave a comment to enter the giveaway.


  11. Thank you Lynn for yet another post of comfort and encouragement, such uplifting words, timely... as always my friend.


  12. lynnmosher Says:

    ML, may the beauty of your spring season blossom forth without hesitation. Thank you so much for stopping by. Blessings to you!


  13. lynnmosher Says:

    Wow! Thank you so much, Victor! You bless me! Blessings to you!


  14. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much for taking time to visit and comment, Warren. I deeply appreciate it. Be blessed!


  15. lynnmosher Says:

    Done, Flucy, my sweet friend! Love you!


  16. lynnmosher Says:

    Marja, sweetie, you always warm my heart! Thank you. Love you!


  17. Isn't it great spring renews us? Love your encouraging words.


  18. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, sweet Sheila! I appreciate it! Bless you!


  19. Anonymous Says:

    BEAUTIFUL, Lynn! Just beautiful! What a blessing to witness God's amazing promises of hope, rebirth and renewal all around us. We only need look to discover blessing upon multiplied blessing.


  20. lynnmosher Says:

    Amen, Cindee! And thank you so much. You've blessed me. I deeply appreciate your kind words. Bless you!


  21. I love your blog, so I've awarded you the Versitle blog award on my blog. http://wordsharpeners.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/versitle-blogger-award/


  22. Tracy Krauss Says:

    This was a lovely addition to the 'swirling' theme and very different from many of the other posts. thanks for this inspirational start to my day!


  23. Chris Perdue Says:

    Great, encouraging words.


  24. Billy Coffey Says:

    It's taken my quite a few years to understand that life is just a collection of seasons. Some are to be enjoyed, others endured. I like the thought of life still being there, even in the barren times.

    Beautiful words, Miss Lynn.


  25. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much for stopping by, Tracy! I appreciate your kind words. Blessings to you!


  26. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Tamera! I'm so honored. Bless you!


  27. lynnmosher Says:

    Thanks so much, Chris! Bless you!


  28. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Billy-boy! I am always honored to have you visit! Blessings to you!


  29. Wow what a great post. I am new to your blog. So glad that I found it!!


  30. lynnmosher Says:

    Hey, Alicia! Thanks so much! I'm so happy you dropped by! Hope to see you again! Blessings to you!


  31. lynnmosher Says:

    Yikes, Sheila! I'm so sorry. Somehow I overlooked your comment. Forgive me! Thank you so much! :D


  32. You used some very poetic description in this post which made it quite vivid Lyn. Thank you also for the encouragement about renewal in our lives.


  33. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you so much, Adam! I deeply appreciate your kind words. Bless you!


  34. Beautiful post, Lynn! Spring is such a wonderful time of renewal and hope. It's a beautiful season of life as well as nature.


  35. lynnmosher Says:

    Thank you, dear Connie. I always appreciate hearing from you. Bless you.


  36. Unknown Says:

    “All may seem dark, lost, and devoid of life and beauty, but, in such a life lived with Me, My work still goes on. Allow My Life to flow through you, especially in the darkest of times, and then you will be renewed.”

    This is exactly what I needed to hear right now.